+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fernandez

Fernandez

Really puzzled by his absence,not even on the bench on Sat. We need to start proper fullbacks, not wingers! Man quill oat right back, Lewis can’t be any worse than playing Ritchie there can he? Fernandez and Schar in the middle. Oh and Dubravka back to instil some confidence in the defence. We have to change things at the back or I fear the worst.

Seems like Jones is still having an influence on picking Fernandez, how Clark started ahead of him saturday ill never know and then not to even have him on the bench was crazy. Lewis needs to come back in for Ritchie as well and same for Manquillo and get rid of Murphy.

I can only assume he didn’t want to make wholesale changes in one go, so maybe a couple more next week then again the week after.

I just wonder if he's got long Covid?

With 3 different coaches not picking Fernandez - not even for the bench, there must be a problem we dont know about.

As for Ritchie he needs to be out of the starting XI. Cant see what hes doing for the team. I fear that Howe rates him though, but the truth is he cant really attack (anymore) or defend.

As Viking said, with 3 different coaches not picking him, something else is happening.

Long covid would make sense.

Personally, I don't think that Jones would be having that much influence on who Howe picks, he's going to want his own evaluation.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)