+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Relegated

Relegated

You have to be feckin STUPID if you think this team stay up.

And if you think it can be saved in January, youre even more stupid.

Disgrace of a team

That performance has given me some confidence that we have a chance of staying up. Actually having a go at teams and trying to win the game instead of sitting back Bruce style. If we don't beat Arsenal and Norwich i'll have to agree that we're down yes but whilst we're not totally cut adrift there's a chance we'll survive

I think the performance was just as bad as the result. I didnt see one player playing at hes best. They put in a better shift in terms of running, but other than that they where really poor.

We wont get anything from Arsenal, and Norwich have started their new era with a win. Against a side that is far better than Brentford.

Worst team in the league by a mile.

Aye, they need to stretghten, because this team wont win promotion from the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    You have to be feckin STUPID if you think this team stay up.

And if you think it can be saved in January, youre even more stupid.

Disgrace of a team
    Howay, Viking, man, get off the fence.

Problem is, much as today was a better attacking performance, we still failed to beat a team who lost their last two games against teams who hadn't yet won.

That's a massive worry. Maybe the odds were against it happening 3 times in a row but, still...

I must be fecking stupid then.

Why write us off for 6 points? We've got a tough fixture list soon and will fall further back. But we have to get to January without an impossible gap to close.

Howe is trying to coach these players. He can't work magic in a week. Give the fella a chance.

And go easy on the doom....

I have no problem with Howe. When players cant stand on their feet, time simple small runs and basic stuff like that, not the best coach in the world can save them.

A part from Wilson and Maximin, no one on this team would even make the bench of any other PL-team.

4 point at best before 01.01.22. The window comes too late.

At lest Howe should be the right man to take us back up.

Mind, if we go down, I've probably got a better chance of getting my season ticket back...

Well we've got Man-U on 27th December so at least we'll win one game this season

i think todays performance was a very good start to the new managers reign.
    Howe had his hands tied somewhat with some players being away for the internationals and i fully expect to see more changes in the next few games as the squad get up to fitness.
    The manager not being there would have also had a small impact on the game today. We have players who could start that didnt today like Almiron, Fernandez, Dubravka.

It looks an uphill task when we think about getting to the 40 point mark for safety, maybe we can scrape in with 36 points.

Id prefer to look at it as we are 6 points from safety. This should be our target, every week, constantly changing depending on how the table sits.

We are currently 6 points from safety, with the 2 other bottom 3 teams to play in the next few weeks.
    Going forward we were lightyears ahead of where we were and thats in something like 10 days training, another 2 weeks of getting his system drilled into our team and having the best players in their best positions , we may just be a point or 2 from safety come the window.
    I saw enough today to show me there is a proper coach in charge now, Shelvey can actually run and put a shift in, Joelinton was man of the match for me, shame of the slip but **** happens. Its going to be a long season, but we are getting better

That was Joelinton's best game in a Toon shirt by far. Howe improved a lot of players during his time at Bournemouth so lets hope he can do the same here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)