+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seemingly low gates at Turf

Seemingly low gates at Turf

Every time I see you on the box it looks like people (the fans) are lowering in numbers that attend matches?

Our SAGE "experts" are scaring the flocks of sheep senseless, getting tickets is now absurdly difficult and expensive, no wonder the gates are dropping.

My mate and me have stopped making the 300 mile round trip because we do not like VAR having any say in what happens on the field, we are fed up of players diving around when they feel contact or even when they lose the ball fairly, watching teams passing sideways and backwards, fouls being given for fair challenges because the challenge is deemed too hard etc., etc.

I have been to one Burnley game this season because I was in the area, however, I honestly can't say that I enjoyed it although I did fulfil an ambition in seeing the Clarets in my 70th year of going on the Turf. I also attended the Under 21 International for personal reasons a couple of weeks ago and I did enjoy that game.

30 to 50 quid

L2 is 20 quid for us in the cheap seats

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    30 to 50 quid

L2 is 20 quid for us in the cheap seats
    My season ticket at Ashington is 30 quid in the most expensive seats lol. I can also get a cooked meal and a beer/wine for a fiver and we are averaging 4.7 goals for each game this season. Add to that, I walk to the ground so it is a cheap afternoon of Northern League football and is always enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    My season ticket at Ashington is 30 quid in the most expensive seats lol. I can also get a cooked meal and a beer/wine for a fiver and we are averaging 4.7 goals for each game this season. Add to that, I walk to the ground so it is a cheap afternoon of Northern League football and is always enjoyable.
    30 quid per season I hope?

I'm going to have a word with our Chairman, my ST cost me £35 at Clitheroe, don't see why Sub should be paying less.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm going to have a word with our Chairman, my ST cost me £35 at Clitheroe, don't see why Sub should be paying less.
    You'd split a farthing mon ami, never mind a fiver!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You'd split a farthing mon ami, never mind a fiver!
    Bollox to that BT, cost of living is high in the Ribble Valley, you know that, every fiver counts. Meusli and skinny lattes don't come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sinkov, you have to remember that up here in Ashington we were very much a mining community and certainly do not have the delusions of grandeur of many living in the Ribble Valley, therefore, the cloth is cut to suit the purse ----of course, you have much more cloth in the Lancashire area than we have up here ---well ---you used to have!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)