+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Campy

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The DFC BoD have no respect for the 'entrenched rights' of DFCSS and will simply dismiss them when it suits.

For example DFCSS is entitled to two representatives on the board, one to be directly selected by DFCSS and one to be at the discretion of the club BoD but with the agreement of the DFCSS board. How many representatives does DFCSS currently have on the club BoD?

DFCSS have neither the clout nor the stomach to stand up to the DFC BoD when they act in the way they did for example when the club withdrew contractual match coverage rights held by DFCSS via DFCTV at the inception of DeeTV they did so knowing that DFCSS would have neither the influence nor the stomach to challenge them on it and to fight for their contractual rights.

Unfortunately DFCSS is no longer relevant as it has allowed the club board to remove it completely from the picture, they're not even there as a reminder that the club needs to watch its footing.

When the club moves to permanently ground share at Tannadice, another entrenched of DFCSS right is to prevent just that, it will happen with not as much as a whimper from DFCSS. That in turn will signal the end of the club.
    When FPS offered £8,000 for all the A shares which included the entrenched the DFCSS board of directors and their members said no. FPS offered such a derisory offer because the all the Dundee Football Club Limited shares held by DFCSS including the A shares were valued in their annual accounts at a nominal £1.
    I insisted that the true value of all the shares held by DFCSS in Dundee Football Club Limited including the A shares at 1.35p each was stated in the DFCSS annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020.
    This would prevent another derisory offer by FPS in the future.
    FPS are happy to value the Dundee Football Club Limited shares at 1.35p each when they carry out their debt for equity’ share transactions so it is only right that DFCSS do likewise.

I don't think the exit strategy includes closing the club, probably just leaving it in a situation where it's tenancy is assured for a time, I just don't think they understand what sharing Tannadice would do to the club. For me 50% at least of fans would also exit.
    Apologies. I misunderstood your post. Completely agree that sharing with our neighbours would be very very unpopular. I doubt our fans would support such a move.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Apologies. I misunderstood your post. Completely agree that sharing with our neighbours would be very very unpopular. I doubt our fans would support such a move.
    To be fair I do talk a fair amount of rubbish at times so it's an easy mistake to make

I don't think the exit strategy includes closing the club, probably just leaving it in a situation where it's tenancy is assured for a time, I just don't think they understand what sharing Tannadice would do to the club. For me 50% at least of fans would also exit.
    I agree with you.
    I would never attend a Dundee home game if it was played at Tannadice.
    The staff at Dens Park should hand John Nelms the Dundee FC books about out history prior to FPS acquiring a majority shareholding in
    Dundee Football Club Limited so he can swot up on them before he goes doing something stupid like persuading Tim Keyes buying and selling Dens Park and then ground sharing at Tannadice.
    If John Nelms and Tim Keyes think the losses are bad just now they will be at least double that when the Dundee supporters boycott Tannadice and the sale of season tickets drop dramatically.

Any ideas what paying for half the running costs of Tannadice would be based on their current set of accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Any ideas what paying for half the running costs of Tannadice would be based on their current set of accounts?
    Would surely only be for the rental of office space and use of the facilities on match days? They surely wouldn't say it costs £xxxx per year to maintain the stadium 365 days per year so we want half that from you for the 36 days every year that you'll be using it?

Sharing tannadice (more like renting a room) for any length of time will hurt the club, permanently.....it kills it.

But dosent appear to me anything has been announced and when/if it is then .....meh.

Nelms has ripped the enthusiasm/give a **** out of everything.

One piece of good news, surely we wouldn't need a respected stadium manager at Gayfield/Forfar/Perth.

Would surely only be for the rental of office space and use of the facilities on match days? They surely wouldn't say it costs £xxxx per year to maintain the stadium 365 days per year so we want half that from you for the 36 days every year that you'll be using it?
    Coventry City and Bristol Rovers lost a list of supporters when they had to ground share at football clubs a distance away from their previous home ground.
    Gretna went bust partly as a result of having to ground share at Motherwell and it cost IET a fortune ground sharing at Pittodrie as a result of them not having 10,000 seats in their ground when they gained promotion to the Premier League.
    It was subsequently reduced to 6,000 seats to accommodate Greater Glasgow based Hamilton Accies.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Sharing tannadice (more like renting a room) for any length of time will hurt the club, permanently.....it kills it.

But dosent appear to me anything has been announced and when/if it is then .....meh.

Nelms has ripped the enthusiasm/give a **** out of everything.

One piece of good news, surely we wouldn't need a respected stadium manager at Gayfield/Forfar/Perth.
    Hamilton Accies rent New Douglas Park or whatever it is now called only on match days. The stadium is owned by a company which from memory is owned by a Hamilton Accies director.
    According to the Hamilton Accies annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 Hamilton Academical Football Club paid an annual rental of £60,000 for use of the stadium on match days.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 22-11-2021 at 10:21 PM.

You have put forward what I think makes sense if you were a Dundee FC supporter. Say it costs £365k for all the costs of running a stadium., or £1000 per day. I think it very unlikely that DFC would get away with £36k to use the facility on 36 days. Would it not be in our interests to share the facilities straight down the middle?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)