+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Campy

I fear for our future the minute we vacate Dens without a permanent stadium to move into, surely the money selling Dens gives Keyes could be loaned to the project by Keyes or his old man

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    That's not what I've been told.
    What have you been told.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Keyes wants to buy back Dens Park to break the lease on Dens Park which is due to finish in 2036 and pay a total amount of £1,147,804.
    Keyes would then sell Dens Park at a profit and use the profit to part fund the rumoured £20 million cost of the development at Campy Nou.
    Cheers islay.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What have you been told.
    Just that Tannadice not an option they are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think you have said in the past that ground sharing might be an acceptable way forward. Can't find the comment so apologies if it wasn't you!
    Not against sharing but never ever at that cesspit of anti Dee sentiment.

I'd prefer our own ground but I'd also prefer to be a multi millionaire and 5 hcap instead of 7.

The dangers I've been pointing out for well over a year, I'm not convinced that's their plan but if their plan fails that's where we will be heading.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I fear for our future the minute we vacate Dens without a permanent stadium to move into, surely the money selling Dens gives Keyes could be loaned to the project by Keyes or his old man
    I do not think there will be much profit in buying and then selling Dens Park as the days of selling Football grounds to supermarket companies such as Tesco or Asda are long gone.
    Any profit will only be a ‘drop in the ocean’ compared to the cost of the Campy Nou.
    Meanwhile Dundee Football Club will be without a home stadium and on its way to a merger with that lot over the road.
    In my opinion I think that Tim Keyes is trying to force the hand of Dundee City Council planners and Councillors to granting full planning permission for his new stadium development at Campy Nou.
    However there has been no mention that a full planning application for the new stadium development at Campy Nou has been submitted to Dundee City Council planning department for consideration.
    A couple of weeks ago there was a topic on the Dark Blues Forum about a Test Case building warrant application for Dens Park Stadium.
    This seems a very strange move as building warrant applications are for minor things such as a porch extension.
    The test case building warrant application was ‘copied and pasted’ in the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Just that Tannadice not an option they are looking at.
    Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Not against sharing but never ever at that cesspit of anti Dee sentiment.

I'd prefer our own ground but I'd also prefer to be a multi millionaire and 5 hcap instead of 7.

The dangers I've been pointing out for well over a year, I'm not convinced that's their plan but if their plan fails that's where we will be heading.
    This problem with the annual cost of the lease could have been easily resolved if John Nelms had accepted the Business case prepared by a DFCSS Director who who spent a lot of his own time working on it. I understand it was handed to John Nelms in 2015.
    I enclose details of the minutes of the DFCSS board of directors meeting held on 6th November 2014 https://www.dee4life.com/files/14220...utes061114.pdf
    Item 5 - Stadium Buy Back.
    The final sentence is very interesting.
    Buy back is not a priority whilst DFC is still paying a reasonable rent for the stadium.
    In November 2014 Campy Nou had never been thought of as the Club were putting all their resources into the new £10 million Regional Sports stadium at Caird Park. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ommunity%20use.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited was not set up until 28th May 2015.
    Tim Keyes should have known the length and the cost of the increasing annual rental payable to Sandeman Properties when
    FPS purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited on 13th August 2013 so in my opinion there is no point using that as an excuse to now purchase Dens Park to break the cost of the lease.

A couple of things come to mind here. How do you go into a negotiation with John Bennett to buy dens when he knows you plan to sell it for a profit? Why would he not just sell it himself?

Then if the new stadium ever gets underway,what is to stop FPS essentially negotiating a 100 year lease with themselves,whereby all the 'good' bits are still owned completely by them,like the concessions, lounges,shop etc.while DFC as a separate business are acting over the odds for rent on a stadium.

You then have a football club making a loss,while FPS make massive margins on sales of pies,drink and shirts. Even if they sold the club,that money would still be rolling in for years.

That obviously is IF it goes ahead....

if he sold it himself the new owners would inherit a 15 lease agreement with dfc.
    if he sells to Keyes that agreement is broken and dfc are free to sell the land on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)