+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Campy

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    A couple of things come to mind here. How do you go into a negotiation with John Bennett to buy dens when he knows you plan to sell it for a profit? Why would he not just sell it himself?

Then if the new stadium ever gets underway,what is to stop FPS essentially negotiating a 100 year lease with themselves,whereby all the 'good' bits are still owned completely by them,like the concessions, lounges,shop etc.while DFC as a separate business are acting over the odds for rent on a stadium.

You then have a football club making a loss,while FPS make massive margins on sales of pies,drink and shirts. Even if they sold the club,that money would still be rolling in for years.

That obviously is IF it goes ahead....
    I would doubt Bennet could sell the land whilst we have a rent agreement until 2036

Lease should cover the point of the owner wanting to sell before the end of the lease. Should be fairly straightforward and new owner would be bound by the terms of the lease.

A couple of things come to mind here. How do you go into a negotiation with John Bennett to buy dens when he knows you plan to sell it for a profit? Why would he not just sell it himself?

Then if the new stadium ever gets underway,what is to stop FPS essentially negotiating a 100 year lease with themselves,whereby all the 'good' bits are still owned completely by them,like the concessions, lounges,shop etc.while DFC as a separate business are acting over the odds for rent on a stadium.

You then have a football club making a loss,while FPS make massive margins on sales of pies,drink and shirts. Even if they sold the club,that money would still be rolling in for years.

That obviously is IF it goes ahead....
    I seem to remember reading that after the publication of the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May May 2019 FPS were planning to transfer their entire shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited.
    I have just had a search in the Companies House website but I cannot find any details about this.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited own the 29.7 acre site at the former NCR Camperdown grounds paying £1.296,000 for the site from the previous owners Vico Camperdown Limited.
    Dundee Football Club will be in the same position as they currently are at Dens Park.
    They will still not own their stadium and will likely have a lease paying an annual rent to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited who will own the stadium.
    There is no guarantee that Dundee Football Club will receive all the profits from Match Day hospitality packages and food and drink stalls throughout the stadium.
    Dundee Football Club will be playing at a new stadium but they will probably be responsible for the cost of all repairs and improvements to the stadium.
    Then things get interesting.
    Someone posted on the Dark Blues Forum details of the plans for the new stadium development at the whole of the former NCR Camperdown grounds which was submitted to Dundee City Council in August 2017 in a Pre Application Notice.
    Included in the plans was an area between the rear of the new stadium and Camperdown Park extending behind Dayton Drive which is behind the Ice Rink, Cinema etc leading to the current entrance to Camperdown Park.
    I enclose a copy of the proposed plans submitted to Dundee City Council. http://idoxwam.dundeecity.gov.uk/ido...LAN-798005.pdf
    Several months ago I was carrying out a bit of research on the former NCR Camperdown grounds which were purchased by Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited in July 2016.
    Included in the above planning application notice was an area earmarked for the construction of 182 houses.
    I discovered that in 2005 a previous owner of the former NCR Camperdown grounds submitted a planning application to Dundee City Council to build 600 new houses and a retail park on the 29.7 acres site.
    The plans were rejected as they did not meet the local plan for the construction of new houses within the Dundee City Council area at that time,
    The owners of the site appealed and a Public Inquiry was set up to investigate and make a decision.
    I cannot find any information about the outcome of the Public Inquiry but I suspect that the planning application to build 600 houses was rejected as the houses were never built.
    Whether the directors of DBPH carried out their own research about the site at the former NCR Camperdown grounds prior to purchasing it only they will know the answer and with the current lack of communication coming out of Dens Park the Dundee supporters will probably be the last to be told.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 23-11-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I would doubt Bennet could sell the land whilst we have a rent agreement until 2036
    But we are moving anyway,so the rent agreement will be broken unless the club are planning on renting dens and having a new stadium at the same time

But we are moving anyway,so the rent agreement will be broken unless the club are planning on renting dens and having a new stadium at the same time
    There have been legal wheezes to break Leases. Would imagine there will be something to cover this point if DFC did not complete the term of the lease. Basically company gets its property back and some arrangement is made about any outstanding rent.

That’s why we would buy it, basically giving bennet rent in advance then recouping it by selling it off

That’s why we would buy it, basically giving bennet rent in advance then recouping it by selling it off
    I remember reading in Dundee FC forums that there was a restriction in the title deeds of Dens Park which stated that the ground can only be used as a football ground.
    If correct then this means that housing cannot be built on Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I remember reading in Dundee FC forums that there was a restriction in the title deeds of Dens Park which stated that the ground can only be used as a football ground.
    If correct then this means that housing cannot be built on Dens Park.
    I'd find that hard to believe, any piece of land seems to be good for housing these days.

Still think Bennett can say no,charge the rent till end of lease,then sell. If he is being offered the rent till the lease ends as a purchase price,he is giving the ground away,because he is due that money anyway.

If FPS want to move,they won't be waiting till the lease finishes,and JB knows that.

Still think Bennett can say no,charge the rent till end of lease,then sell. If he is being offered the rent till the lease ends as a purchase price,he is giving the ground away,because he is due that money anyway.

If FPS want to move,they won't be waiting till the lease finishes,and JB knows that.
    It has previously been well documented that John Bennett paid £500,000 to purchase the title deeds for Dens Park from Lloyds Banking Group.
    According to the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 the total amount of rent due to be paid up to the end of the lease in 2036 is listed as £1,147,804. See Item 13 - Operating Leases.

https://d1ssu070pg2v9i.cloudfront.ne...unt-201920.pdf

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)