+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesterfurlough FC ask fans for cash for frost covers

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I will go one better and donate a £60 note
    Thanks 1961 pie , you have inspired me and I realise Frost Pitch Covers don't come cheap ,possibly around the price of a better than average centre forward, so I shall now be donating 2 crisp £50 notes and a packet of strawberry flavoured Chewits i found lying around in my underpants draw !!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Thanks 1961 pie , you have inspired me and I realise Frost Pitch Covers don't come cheap ,possibly around the price of a better than average centre forward, so I shall now be donating 2 crisp £50 notes and a packet of strawberry flavoured Chewits i found lying around in my underpants draw !!
    I will raise you 2 packs of Haribo and curly whirly.

Exactly how much are "frost covers"? Surely they can't be that much. Haven't they just spent a bundle on various players.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Exactly how much are "frost covers"? Surely they can't be that much. Haven't they just spent a bundle on various players.
    They have indeed, but in their begging statement to the fans they explained that they hadn't budgeted for Frost covers this season. Hence this is why I feel sorry for them and felt I had need to donate to their very worthy cause ! I mean the only alternative would be for them to sell a player or to and that wouldn't be right would it !?!

I certainly hope you feel moved enough QP to dip into your pocket and give generously

They have indeed, but in their begging statement to the fans they explained that they hadn't budgeted for Frost covers this season. Hence this is why I feel sorry for them and felt I had need to donate to their very worthy cause ! I mean the only alternative would be for them to sell a player or to and that wouldn't be right would it !?!

I certainly hope you feel moved enough QP to dip into your pocket and give generously
    Given I am second in the "get the score right" league I am wondering what the exchange rate is from YAPS to $AU then I can decide how much I can generously give!

Hang on a second ! Have I got Gullible tattooed on my forehead !?
    I've just had a thought , couldn't they have just furloughed their old frost covers and just got some brand spanking new ones in from the government money?

They can do one! I'm asking for my 4 ponies worth of cash and my packet of strawberry flavoured Chewits back !
    If I was you QP I would save your Yaps and spend them on some castlemaine xxxx and a bottle of sherry !

Hang on a second ! Have I got Gullible tattooed on my forehead !?
    I've just had a thought , couldn't they have just furloughed their old frost covers and just got some brand spanking new ones in from the government money?

They can do one! I'm asking for my 4 ponies worth of cash and my packet of strawberry flavoured Chewits back !
    If I was you QP I would save your Yaps and spend them on some castlemaine xxxx and a bottle of sherry !
    Very good Pedro very good indeed. Castlemaine doesn't exist anymore and has not for several decades, it was swallowed up ( pardon by the pun) By Japanese brewing conglomerate Lion Nathan I am afraid to say although the famous XXXX sign on the top of the brewery is still there in Brisbane and it still tastes absolutely disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/club-n...w-frost-covers

You can't help get the feeling it really is sh!t or bust for them this season.
    well so far its going all to plan for them, if they go up they benefit for years to come, i am not sure exactly how much they have spent on players, but money from the football league in addition to sponsors is about a million in L2

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    well so far its going all to plan for them, if they go up they benefit for years to come, i am not sure exactly how much they have spent on players, but money from the football league in addition to sponsors is about a million in L2
    And what if their gamble goes tits up...?

And what if their gamble goes tits up...?
    Interesting point and the effect perceived ambition has on supporters… take today, I have my season ticket so already contributed to the club and have a seat plus Lifeline.

The weather previous years (including when we were unstoppable just before Covid curtailed the season) wouldn’t have even been a second thought about going to a match, never. But today I really am in two minds about going, and the thing that’s stopping me??.. the lack of perceived ambition by the club to get out of this league. The thought process at the moment for me is if there is no ambition being communicated from the top about getting out this league then why go out in this weather to just go through the motions?

The club needs to inject some short term expectations into the support. What worries me is if I’m thinking it who has been fully committed, how many more are?

Ultimately Chesterfield are financially going for it which is their choice, but just showing a desire to get out the league without spending silly money can have a positive affect on everyone and be that 12th man.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 27-11-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast