+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesterfurlough FC ask fans for cash for frost covers

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Interesting point and the effect perceived ambition has on supporters… take today, I have my season ticket so already contributed to the club and have a seat plus Lifeline.

The weather previous years (including when we were unstoppable just before Covid curtailed the season) wouldn’t have even been a second thought about going to a match, never. But today I really am in two minds about going, and the thing that’s stopping me??.. the lack of perceived ambition by the club to get out of this league. The thought process at the moment for me is if there is no ambition being communicated from the top about getting out this league then why go out in this weather to just go through the motions?

The club needs to inject some short term expectations into the support. What worries me is if I’m thinking it who has been fully committed, how many more are?

Ultimately Chesterfield are financially going for it which is their choice, but just showing a desire to get out the league without spending silly money can have a positive affect on everyone and be that 12th man.
    I'm not.

Of course they want to get out of this league. Just that they are trying a different road to Chesterfield.

I am happy with the owners.

...but just showing a desire to get out the league without spending silly money can have a positive affect on everyone and be that 12th man.
    Which is exactly what Notts are doing under the Reedtz Bros., hence all the positivity around Notts currently. (Well in most quarters anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Which is exactly what Notts are doing under the Reedtz Bros., hence all the positivity around Notts currently. (Well in most quarters anyway)
    So you’ll be there later with me to be the 12th man then?….

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    And what if their gamble goes tits up...?
    We do not know what gamble theyhave taken

I asked how much have they spent on players, compared to how much money the owners have , and compared to the reward they can receive if successfull

So you’ll be there later with me to be the 12th man then?….
    No I wasn't there I'm afraid, I haven't been able to attend a single match for over two years now but I hope you enjoyed the game. Must have been bl**dy freezing!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    No I wasn't there I'm afraid, I haven't been able to attend a single match for over two years now but I hope you enjoyed the game. Must have been bl**dy freezing!
    I made the right choice in the end (although very average) the compensation from the loss of feeling 3 points!

I made the right choice in the end (although very average) the compensation from the loss of feeling 3 points!
    Seems appropriate to talk about the cold on the cheats' frost cover thread

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    We do not know what gamble theyhave taken

I asked how much have they spent on players, compared to how much money the owners have , and compared to the reward they can receive if successfull
    They are owned by the fans , a bit like we were I believe, so I wouldn't see them having vast amounts of cash to throw at signing players and having an over inflated squad of players on possibly higher than average wages (or even average wages).
    If their ace up the sleeve was the insurance money from the Covid situation then that is great , but wouldn't they have to pay back the money they took from the furlough scheme as they were already insured and therefore wouldn't have had need to use the governments scheme as they were already financially covered ?
    so from the outside looking in it seems they have gambled the everything they have on promotion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    They are owned by the fans , a bit like we were I believe, so I wouldn't see them having vast amounts of cash to throw at signing players and having an over inflated squad of players on possibly higher than average wages (or even average wages).
    If their ace up the sleeve was the insurance money from the Covid situation then that is great , but wouldn't they have to pay back the money they took from the furlough scheme as they were already insured and therefore wouldn't have had need to use the governments scheme as they were already financially covered ?
    so from the outside looking in it seems they have gambled the everything they have on promotion this season.
    Not sure about not having an over inflated squad. They reckon they have anywhere between 9-13 first teamers out at the moment. A figure which does change regularly depending on who is posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Not sure about not having an over inflated squad. They reckon they have anywhere between 9-13 first teamers out at the moment. A figure which does change regularly depending on who is posting.
    According to their footy forum they have 13 players out injured and fielded a squad of 15 for the game against Altrincham I would say that's quite a large squad.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast