+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chesterfurlough FC ask fans for cash for frost covers

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The footballing Gods haven’t forgiven us. The last decade or so has been a painful demise - which I think is punishment enough. We have had a succession of poor owners, poor managers and poor players. All culminating to our current situation, which ironically, is the first time since the con that we have a squad that is competitive, a manager that is forward thinking and owners who are not silly enough to gamble the clubs fortunes on hope. Everything about the club is better than at any point in the last decade and I include our playoff season prior to relegation.
    What we never did though was con the paying tax man by furloughing our players to our advantage so we could save the finances to be more competitive. We were properly conned but Chesterfield IMO are down right unethical in what they have done in the past year or 2 and that doesn’t sit right with me.
    Summed up perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Capitalism is a dirty game and in the case of Chezzy downright filthy, but Notts have played an even dirtier form of capitalism in the not-too-distant past.
    Rather than focusing on slagging off our opponents and inventing micky-taking names, let's take them apart on the field of play. Or are we an inferior side?
    I think you have missed the point Sidders. Because of their planned cheating around funding they should be superior with regards the funds they have to throw at signings and wages, so it wouldn't be surprising if we were inferior to them on the pitch in fact it should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    To be fair we and then club were conned unlike chesterfield who seem to have done the conning
    But when we realised we had all been conned we still moved forward with the riches we had gained from the conning and as a result we won the league from it. didn't even get docked any points thanks to super Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think you have missed the point Sidders. Because of their planned cheating around funding they should be superior with regards the funds they have to throw at signings and wages, so it wouldn't be surprising if we were inferior to them on the pitch in fact it should be expected.
    Ha ha, you complaining about using Mickey taking names

Capitalism is a dirty game and in the case of Chezzy downright filthy, but Notts have played an even dirtier form of capitalism in the not-too-distant past.
    Rather than focusing on slagging off our opponents and inventing micky-taking names, let's take them apart on the field of play. Or are we an inferior side?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    But when we realised we had all been conned we still moved forward with the riches we had gained from the conning and as a result we won the league from it. didn't even get docked any points thanks to super Ray!
    Yes, we benefitted for a while from spending money we didn’t have, but that debt had a lot to do with the next ten years of chaos and underachievement.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Did I just hear an echo?

I’ve never gave them a thought b4, but they’ve got up my nose recently, furlough, jumping the queue with covid jabs, both you could argue gave them an unfair competitive edge not to mention ripping off the tax payer, managers lack of class after the playoffs and sponging off fans for frost covers after spending loads of cash. You can argue we have lifeline but that’s an ongoing voluntary thing where this feels like they have blown their cash and then pleading poverty to fans, that said I have no doubt they will sign more players regardless, their a club that stinks of no class.

Did I just hear an echo?

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Yes, we benefitted for a while from spending money we didn’t have, but that debt had a lot to do with the next ten years of chaos and underachievement.
    It still baffles and amazes me in equal measure that some people on here can't join up the dots between reckless overspending and subsequent underachievement and embarrassment.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast