Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
Interesting point and the effect perceived ambition has on supporters… take today, I have my season ticket so already contributed to the club and have a seat plus Lifeline.

The weather previous years (including when we were unstoppable just before Covid curtailed the season) wouldn’t have even been a second thought about going to a match, never. But today I really am in two minds about going, and the thing that’s stopping me??.. the lack of perceived ambition by the club to get out of this league. The thought process at the moment for me is if there is no ambition being communicated from the top about getting out this league then why go out in this weather to just go through the motions?

The club needs to inject some short term expectations into the support. What worries me is if I’m thinking it who has been fully committed, how many more are?

Ultimately Chesterfield are financially going for it which is their choice, but just showing a desire to get out the league without spending silly money can have a positive affect on everyone and be that 12th man.
I'm not.

Of course they want to get out of this league. Just that they are trying a different road to Chesterfield.

I am happy with the owners.