+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Throwing cash at it in January

Throwing cash at it in January

If the bottom three in January are the same as now I wonder which will be best placed to throw money at it. Do we perceive Carlisle United's approximately 600 grand in cash to be the trump card? (Nigel Clibbens has stated this cash value and although there are folk on here who have no great love for him the fact is that he does not tell lies.) Or do we perceive that the gowing (by interest) debt counts in the scheme of things. Sc­unthorpe and Oldham have their financial difficulties.

I think that the three clubs will do everything that they can to improve in January, even if it eventually leads to financial cataclysm, so none of them has a financial advantage over the others. What is your opinion?

Millen versus Curle and Hill with all able to desperately spend in January will result in us not finishing top of this league of three. I think that we are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    If the bottom three in January are the same as now I wonder which will be best placed to throw money at it. Do we perceive Carlisle United's approximately 600 grand in cash to be the trump card? (Nigel Clibbens has stated this cash value and although there are folk on here who have no great love for him the fact is that he does not tell lies.) Or do we perceive that the gowing (by interest) debt counts in the scheme of things. Sc*unthorpe and Oldham have their financial difficulties.

I think that the three clubs will do everything that they can to improve in January, even if it eventually leads to financial cataclysm, so none of them has a financial advantage over the others. What is your opinion?

Millen versus Curle and Hill with all able to desperately spend in January will result in us not finishing top of this league of three. I think that we are going down.
    I've been supporting them for almost 60 years and I cannot recall one example of Carlisle United "throwing cash at it".

A leopard never changes its spots.

A half decent loan signing is probably the best we can hope for.

But PD / Purepay are effectively owners and this is the worst crisis on their shift. We need signings eligible to play on 1st January in the Sc­unthorpe United v Carlisle United match.

So, planning for January has to start now with contracts signed that have a start date of 1st January. Signings will need to train with our squad for a week before the start of their playing contract. That does not break any rules or laws.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 22-11-2021 at 05:03 PM.

I would like to see our players for January signed up, if not publicised, by 23rd December. Initial planning for that has to start now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)