+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Hooper and Team

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The thing is for me , these referees are Professional now and earn very good money and whilst we could accept mistakes a few years back now they have the benefit of multiple cameras and extra sets of eyes to view incidents , so my question is if they have all these of that firstly how can they get it wrong so much , and secondly as professionals they should be obliged to answer questions on why they did or didn’t give decisions with all of that technology to hand it’s not acceptable to get so many things wrong.
    What you are saying is that because officials are professional they should not make any mistakes at all.
    Every player, in every game, at every level, makes more mistakes than the officials. Are the players professional? Yes, they are and many are getting much more than the officials, however, it appears that you are willing to accept a player's mistakes but totally unwilling to accept that the officials, fellow human beings, can make a mistake.

Sadly, army, we are all being brainwashed with FIFA's quest for the perfect game ----it will NEVER happen!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We are consistently the team with the least possession in the PL, hence we spend less time in the opposition box than every other team, thus we get fewer penalties than anyone else, it would be very odd if it were otherwise.
    Behave sinkov, the sheer number of stonewall penalties we do not get suggests to me that opposing managers know they can almost foul with impunity and not get punished for it.

How else can you possibly explain the Wood decision on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Behave sinkov, the sheer number of stonewall penalties we do not get suggests to me that opposing managers know they can almost foul with impunity and not get punished for it.

How else can you possibly explain the Wood decision on Saturday?
    As the pundits are fond of saying, 'he went down too easily'. The liner was never going to get involved in a marginal call like that, he just isn't, they rarely do even down at Clitheroe's level. Are you saying the ref saw it, thought ' Stonewall free-kick and red card that', then thought, 'Hang on a minute, that Chris Wood plays for Burnley, feck that for a game of soldiers, I'm not giving it'.

Is that how it works ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    What you are saying is that because officials are professional they should not make any mistakes at all.
    Every player, in every game, at every level, makes more mistakes than the officials. Are the players professional? Yes, they are and many are getting much more than the officials, however, it appears that you are willing to accept a player's mistakes but totally unwilling to accept that the officials, fellow human beings, can make a mistake.

Sadly, army, we are all being brainwashed with FIFA's quest for the perfect game ----it will NEVER happen!
    No excuses whatsoever in the EPL Supersub6. They have VAR to correct any blatant mistakes and somehow that never works in Burnley's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As the pundits are fond of saying, 'he went down too easily'. The liner was never going to get involved in a marginal call like that, he just isn't, they rarely do even down at Clitheroe's level. Are you saying the ref saw it, thought ' Stonewall free-kick and red card that', then thought, 'Hang on a minute, that Chris Wood plays for Burnley, feck that for a game of soldiers, I'm not giving it'.

Is that how it works ?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Even though the referee was behind the play his linesman was level. and if he chose not to see a blatant foul then the PGMOL need to investigate his failure and the reason behind it.

While I do not expect the PGMOL to take any action, they appear to consider themselves beyond reproach.

Unfortunately football is now being ruled by money rather than common sense.
    Mark Halsey has form for claiming the PGMOL are corrupt and no-one has ever sued him. The game is fixed...

Attachment 20418

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No excuses whatsoever in the EPL Supersub6. They have VAR to correct any blatant mistakes and somehow that never works in Burnley's favour.
    BT ---one human being makes a mistake, this is then followed by another human being making a mistake ---that's life ----and it is far ffrom perfect ---as you have been saying a lot recently with the problems you have been facing.
    The nearest thing to perfection that you will ever get is a musical performance because I know, as a musician, you only have one chance to get it right and all musicians try 100% to be right. Simple really.
    I think this must be why I listen to music when I am watching football ---at least one of them is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

No I accept we all make mistakes Sub in every walk of life not just football , my point was that there has never been as much technology available to a referee and his assistants, I’m of the opinion the way it’s going I’d rather go back to just the referee and accept his perception- view / decisions and accept it.

You see we watch at home and it’s analysed and slowed down and analysed some more until they get to a decision ( right or wrong as it’s still
    Someone’s personal opinion ).
    And yet I go to watch my own club and me and 20000 other fans witness what is blatantly a red card but the referee couldn’t see it , the linesman ignored it and The VAR gods made there own rubbish decision in the shape of no decision at all.

The real indignity behind this is that we now have a ex referee telling us on a Sunday that the ref got it wrong the linesman had a clear view and did nothing and VAR got it so wrong that they should all be reprimanded.

I guess my point really Sub is you can’t introduce technology for the so called good of the game and then not use it , I mean not only does the ref have more than any referee had in the past but he also has screens at pitch side that he can go and watch the incident again at normal speed and slowed down if he wants it.

If we’re keeping it use it correctly - otherwise do away with it completely

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    No I accept we all make mistakes Sub in every walk of life not just football , my point was that there has never been as much technology available to a referee and his assistants, I’m of the opinion the way it’s going I’d rather go back to just the referee and accept his perception- view / decisions and accept it.

You see we watch at home and it’s analysed and slowed down and analysed some more until they get to a decision ( right or wrong as it’s still
    Someone’s personal opinion ).
    And yet I go to watch my own club and me and 20000 other fans witness what is blatantly a red card but the referee couldn’t see it , the linesman ignored it and The VAR gods made there own rubbish decision in the shape of no decision at all.

The real indignity behind this is that we now have a ex referee telling us on a Sunday that the ref got it wrong the linesman had a clear view and did nothing and VAR got it so wrong that they should all be reprimanded.

I guess my point really Sub is you can’t introduce technology for the so called good of the game and then not use it , I mean not only does the ref have more than any referee had in the past but he also has screens at pitch side that he can go and watch the incident again at normal speed and slowed down if he wants it.

If we’re keeping it use it correctly - otherwise do away with it completely
    Sadly, they will not get rid of it and we will blunder on and see the game become unwatchable.
    It should never have been introduced at all. The three officials used to handle a game without any outside interference and, although they were not 100% perfect, we all accepted their decisions and got on with the game.
    We are now playing the game to different interpretation of the Laws at the top level to every other level in the Pyramid System. However, the officials can occasionally be officiating at different levels and this just causes more confusion.

Goal line technology is fine, however, don't rely n technology for everything because it is not always correct ---ask hundreds of ex-postmasters who were falsely made out to be criminals by poor technology and that did not rely on another opinion from a human being ----VAR does!

I never thought that I would stop going to the Turf, this woudl have been my 70th season, however, the use of VAR is totally undermining the officials and, with the constant pressure from the media etc., it is completeky ruining the game in my opinion.
    There is lots of football away from the elite level and they play to the same interpretation of the Laws which I played to and used when I officiated ----perhaps not as skilful, however, it is great to see good tackles not being penalised and watching the joy of players scoring goals and not having to worry about their big toe nail being offside or some incident which happened twelve passes before he scored.

Hooper is simply nowhere near good enough for the EPL...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...box=1637605391

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)