+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asbaghi sez

Asbaghi sez

Poya Asbaghi says Barnsley can help him as much as he can help them

It has been two years in the making, but Poya Asbaghi thinks he and Barnsley are made for each other.

The Iranian-born Swede was interviewed for the job in 2019, but they kept him in mind and when Markus Schopp was sacked in October, they went back to get him.

The 36-year-old is a young head coach at a young club, and he thinks they can do good things for one another."Always before I take on new adventures, new challenges, the first question I ask myself is will this job develop me as a coach?" said the former Sweden Under-21s and Gothenburg coach.

"If the answer is yes, I know it's a job to take. When considering Barnsley, there were a lot of aspects I felt could develop me as a coach in terms of how the club works, how they think about football, how they work with young players.

"At the same time, when looking at Barnsley and the challenges the club had, I felt as much as the club can develop me, hopefully I can develop the team.

"There's no secret that it's a challenging situation. We've lost nine of the last 10 games, we have one victory in the last 16, and what can happen to a young squad in this situation is your confidence is not the highest.

"What I hope me together with the rest of the staff can bring is good clarity in what we need to do on the training pitch and good gameplans so the roles are more clear and hopefully with that you feel more confident in what to do.

"Just as much as your confidence can sometimes get lower when you don't get the performances you want, you can just as much gain confidence pretty fast as a young player if you succeed."

Asbaghi starts with a home game, against Preston North End on Wednesday. He will be without Aapo Halme and has doubts over Liam Kitching and Claudio Gomes for his first game in charge of Barnsley.

Preston on Wednesday ? Oh dear !! Are we laikin them anorl !!

Help me to help you. I guess the last time he was here this wasn't the case Good luck to the fella. This time next year he'll either be out of work or moving on to greater things. That seems to be the pattern under these owners

Where did the Nobbers come into this ?, maybe Swanny are too scared to play us. 😁

To be fair to Poya , the interview I saw on him was quite impressive , he seems to be more hands on than the last bloke, he has a look about him similar V I , I hope he gets off to a good start on Wednesday , I wish him well , wonder if Joe Laumann will remain or be part of his backroom staff ?

He sounds a topping sort of fella.
    Very crystal clear in how he see’s things.
    Says some nice things about the people and town of Barnsley towards the end of the interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b5nqgc
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 23-11-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Nivva trust a man with a tash.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    As Baldrick said in Blackadder 4, he didn't love the king because his mam told him never to trust men with beards lol.

Yes the new bloke sounds like he can talk the walk and walk the talk. But can he do it like mad Keef Hill did it, allegedly with two broken legs on a tightrope.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I'll get me coit on then!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    I'll get me coit on then!
    Atha sure itinta cattapiller Chops !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast