+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stupid Contract

Stupid Contract

The state of some of these contracts given out. 3 years for Gayle who Bruce wouldn't even play.

Karl Darlow

Five year contract in 2020, will be aged 34 when it ends in 2025.

Jacob Murphy

Six year contract in July 2021, will be aged 32 when it ends in 2027.

Ciaran Clark

Two and a half year contract in January 2021, will be aged 33 when it ends in 2023.

Dwight Gayle

Thee year contract in July 2021, will be aged 34 when it ends in 2024.

Matt Ritchie

Three years and four months contract in March 2020, will be aged 33 when it ends in 2023.

Isaac Hayden

Six year contract in 2020, will be aged 31 when it ends in 2026.

Jonjo Shelvey

Three years and four months contract in March 2020, will be aged 31 when it ends in 2023.

Jamaal Lascelles

Six year contract in 2018, will be aged 30 when it ends in 2024.

Jeff Hendrick

Four year contract in 2020, will be aged 32 when it ends in 2024.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Down to Ashley being a tight arsehole and Bruce being a shite manager who would have said 'aye, these lads will be able to do a job'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous.

Down to Ashley being a tight arsehole and Bruce being a shite manager who would have said 'aye, these lads will be able to do a job'
    We'll be down to a team of O.A.P's before those contracts end. There will be a flurry of hunting around to try and place most of them at those wages they are on.

Could the new owners pay off 75% of their contract for example and ask them to find another club?

Or it might be that we let them go cheaply? They could all do a job at Chimpo clubs and I'm sure they would prefer to play.

Hayden's been wanting to go back South for a few years now and I think Ritchie would jump at the chance too. Lacelles, Clark, Gayle and Darlow are all what you would class as 'decent pros' and would easily find a Chimpo club.

Shelvey? maybe Howe's the man to get the best out of him.

And Hendrick? Well, I'm sure there's a stately home somewhere that has a vacancy for a gnome stiitng by the pond, fishing.

I'd like Shelvey to leave, I've been hugely disappointed with him ever since his arrival.

Even if he improves a bit, I don't care much for his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Or it might be that we let them go cheaply? They could all do a job at Chimpo clubs and I'm sure they would prefer to play..

I think some may go on a free as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)