+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid

O/T Covid

Barnsley worst place in England % wise for Deaths ?,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Barnsley worst place in England % wise for Deaths ?,
    No surprises there Roma what you see is what you get.

Well its surprised me Poggy , according to a lecturer from Sheffield University , it's partly down to Smoking and poor housing , or maybe we have more anti vaxers than other Towns ,

Hes coming back again for the upcoming freezing winter is Mr Covid, and actually he/it never went away. Maybe we have all become too relaxed because of the double vax jabs we all had, but we still have to be careful.

Glad a got mi boosta last week ,
    sounds like a memorial sculpture was unveiled in New Market complex, thull need to keep an eye on that plus Kes sculpture ! These scrap people are allus around !!
    " Nice bit of bronze , where did you get that from ? Fonnit honest !!

Here we have to similar towns Barnsley and Burnley when it comes to population and living and housing standards. I wouldn’t mind hearing what the Sheffield University lecturer has to say about the large variances.

Barnsley

439 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 12 Nov-18 Nov. The average area in England had 439*.

cases in the latest week 12 Nov-18 Nov

+72
    compared with the previous week

total cases to 22 Nov

921 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 5 Nov

83%
    of people aged 12 and over in your area have had the first dose of the vaccine to 21 Nov

76%
    have had the second dose

Burnley

316 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 12 Nov-18 Nov. The average area in England had 439*.

cases in the latest week 12 Nov-18 Nov

+19
    compared with the previous week

total cases to 22 Nov

333 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 5 Nov

75%
    of people aged 12 and over in your area have had the first dose of the vaccine to 21 Nov

68%
    have had the second dose

I’m wearing my mask tomorrow….. gonna drawa Poya tash on it ! That’ll stop the germs going up me nose!

A lot of ex miners, who probably have problems with their lungs, so very vulnerable

Just a thought; Burnley's on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales with the closest large town being Blackburn. Barnsley's right in the middle of cities and towns; Sheffield, Leeds, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Rotherham all in relatively close proximity so germs will spread more easily. In relative terms, we appear to have come off quite well in Bridlington, thankfully, because we're also a good few miles from anywhere.

This new variant , 2 cases today in England , get ready for the fun to begin ,
    some refusing to wear masks , anti vaxers , protests, riots ,
    Another Lockdown?, Keep Safe, Keep Well Everyone,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast