+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

What must that do to a player, when your getting picked and dropped all the time for no apparent reason. And its even worse when you can see utter dross getting picked ahead of you.
    Cole and Iseka had a few decent games recently and were looking promising, and then they get dropped for Victor and Frieser. And the least said about Woodrow the better!.

Maybe Poya's priorities are to tighten us up and stop conceding so many, and I can't argue with that. But it won't keep us up, Im not sure what will to be honest.

The trouble with giving up that amount of possession to try and keep it tight with numbers behind the ball is that eventually you will lose concentration for a split second and Swansea were good enough to cash in .

The second goal was a joke to be honest , absolutely nobody closed him down , unforgivable .

Easily the worst performing group of players I've seen since the Spackman / Parkin mob .

Even Wilson 's mob of Dawson , Frimpong and Mvoto had summat about em .

As Roma says absolute embarrassment to this town .

You just know we aren't getting out of this .

The only target is not to finish with the lowest ever points total .

I suspect we won't manage that either .

Utterly depressing .

It all boils down to one thing which we all must be sick of saying and that’s we need experienced players in major areas.
    The defense would look more solid if Sol was still here and although I wasn’t Mowatts biggest fan we miss him big time in the middle.
    If we bring in more young players in January instead of seasoned players i for one will withdraw from parking my butt at Oakwell.

Tashbag's Red Army marches on to Peterborough.

Forecast to be bitter cold, maybe some snow.

Ten defeats in last eleven games.

Genuine respect to all fans who travel there and may your support be rewarded.

What was even more depressing was the fact that Swansea were our play off opponents last season .

To be fair they deserved to narrowly edge us out but they were two very tight games none the less .

Six months later and it's hardly believable we are witnessing the performances we have seen this season with the nucleus of the same squad , give or take .

People forget before Morris and Dike arrived we'd well over 30 points going in to the new year .

I don't think it's just one thing here I think it's a combination of things .

There are many ingredients to this particular woeful c@cktail .

At the heart of it is a lack of ambition from the ownership on the field although that's not something they completely own here given the previous owners tenure here although to be fair he wasn't worth £9bn either and he did provide funding when the club needed it .

Cryne never had us in the championship play offs either .

The stench of a lack of ambition ran through the club last summer , when Brentford were denied in the play offs in 2020 did their HC Tomas Frank do one ? , did he do one when Benrahma and Watkins were sold too ? , no he didn't .

He didn't because he knew Brentford were ambitious enough to go again and he stuck around to finally get them over the line .

With an ambitious outlook maybe Mowatt and Val would have stuck around and the squad seriously invested in .

To tell the truth there's little point this ownership owning this club , they bring nowt to the table .

Any group of fans could run it just using the funds the club generates .

At least with fans they wouldn't be threatening to take the club away from the town .

They'd probably have a better relationship with Oakwell Holdings .

Under a fans ownership it's highly likely our championship days would be over and we'd bounce between league one and two .

That sits fine with me because it's highly likely that's going to happen anyway under these shytehouses .

On that display we are going down. I could see the new managers intention to solid us up as a team but there was no outlet in an attacking sense and we kept gifting them the ball back. To have only 20% possession at home is shocking. The problem with holding your defensive shape is that everyone must be switched on for 90 mins and you need strong characters and a leader out there on the pitch to see it out. We haven't any character and certainly no leaders. That was abysmal viewing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234