+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Didn't think Ipswich were up to much but we did a job on them. Nobody had a bad game Wiles goal class. Ferguson deserved his goal he was always in the game put some good crosses in. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    This is the best squad we have had for a very very long time.Every player who puts that shirt on has all the skill and give 100%.We deservedly go top of this division because we ARE the best.It is pure entertainment and will be a joy to watch in the Championship next season.
    Yes it probably is the best squad

Look at tonight’s bench

SUBS | Johansson, Harding, Odoffin, Sadlier, Miller, Kayode, Grigg.

With Rathbone and Mattock also

Strength in depth

Excellent team performance against a strangely goal shy Ipswich team, they have arguably the best squad in the league on paper, but looked very ordinary tonight, or was it more a case of we made them look ordinary tonight?
    We seemed to breeze through the game, constantly picking up 2nd balls and really should have put them to the sword, but I still think Paul Cooke will get them into the play offs, because with that squad he should.
    We were excellent all over the pitch, but Wiles was my mom, he seemed to be everywhere and a stunning goal too, and how important was it to get Lindsay back fit after losing Rathbone for the last 2 matches.
    All in all an excellent win but another tough match on saturday at Oxford, so well done boys and even though we are on fire at the moment, I'd take a draw saturday even now. UTM

Absolutely BRILLIANT performance
    I dont get to see too many because of work but that was outstanding.
    Somebody said in the Cambridge Post match thread how difficult it was to pick a MOM because there's so many contenders.
    I see what they mean, for me REG just about shaded it but special mention to Shane Ferguson who came close and optimised the overall performance.

Excellent away performance...again. Worried that our friend Mr Ward wanted to be the star again, but a bit more controlled in the 2nd half from us. Can we stop getting booked for fu-- all, it's getting a bad habit.
    Great goal from Ben again, he could be what ever he wants to be........keep it up lad.

Liked how we did a Wycombe on them and slowed it down, and down and down.....at least we were winning then...lol
    Top for the League now and well deserved too.................on to Oxford...utm.

So if Viktor was in goal did we even have a replacement goalie as I thought Vickers was announced in the starting XI?

Brilliant performance. Exuding confidence and assuredness in pretty much everything we do now. Moments here and there that were awry but I can't and won't fault any of them. Great stuff! Reg MOTM for me too, nullified Bonne and cleared up so much. Love to get him permanently somehow (fingers crossed H'Field get promoted?)

They were so very slow in their build up but our recovery runs to get in shape and harass them was first class which contributed to their stagnant attacks.

The fist pumps at the end by the gaffer, you know this one means that bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So if Viktor was in goal did we even have a replacement goalie as I thought Vickers was announced in the starting XI?
    That's what I meant to have asked! What happened to Vickers in the warm up? Anyone know? Felt for him but was secretly delighted the Viking was back in goal.

Very cohesive performance, kept our shape and attacked with pace.
    Ipswich and Paul Cook did us a favour by playing 4-2-3-1, we outplayed, out -fought and out-thought them.
    You can have as much possession as you like, it means b.ugger all if you can't score !!!
    Stop Sam Morsey and you stop Ipswich.
    Pick any one from six for MotM, some outstanding performances.
    My MotM was Viktor....for his save in injury time to keep a clean sheet...
    ( Yes I'm joking )

REG my MotM, a young lad that looks assured, good first touch and never seems to panic.
    Special mention for Ben ROCKET Wiles what a cracking goal...( Another one !!)

Credit to the Millers supporters that made the trip down there, safe journey home.

Ipswich WHO.......can we play you every week.....
    This is the best squad of players I've seen since Steve Evans took us to Wembley and beat Orient.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 23-11-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    That's what I meant to have asked! What happened to Vickers in the warm up? Anyone know? Felt for him but was secretly delighted the Viking was back in goal.
    Josh Vickers had a groin problem, looking at two weeks but yet to be confirmed, hopefully it's less than two weeks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast