+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cauley Woodrow - a reminder to the ‘captain’

Cauley Woodrow - a reminder to the ‘captain’

Definition of fickle. - changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections

If your move comes off Cauley flower , who’s fickle now? Because I’ll still be attending reds games after he’s departed

Go and get your handheld at the hawthorns son as you’re like a rabbit caught in the headlights when you’re the main man.

If this move comes off for him I think his voice will disappear In press conferences / post match interviews

The statistics show he is a 1 in 5 , 1 in 6 at this level

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Definition of fickle. - changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections

If your move comes off Cauley flower , who’s fickle now? Because I’ll still be attending reds games after he’s departed

Go and get your handheld at the hawthorns son as you’re like a rabbit caught in the headlights when you’re the main man.

If this move comes off for him I think his voice will disappear In press conferences / post match interviews

The statistics show he is a 1 in 5 , 1 in 6 at this level
    If he moves on it does not mean he is fickle at all , what it means is that the boo boys will have won & driven out a quality player who has always given 100 % even when things have not been going well & is one of the few championship quality players we have got on our books & it will also play into the hands of our wonderful owners who will have boosted the bank balance & trust me they will not replace Cauley with a player of equal or better quality because simply it would cost too much , it will be another nail in our coffin as we prepare for life in division one .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    If he moves on it does not mean he is fickle at all , what it means is that the boo boys will have won & driven out a quality player who has always given 100 % even when things have not been going well & is one of the few championship quality players we have got on our books & it will also play into the hands of our wonderful owners who will have boosted the bank balance & trust me they will not replace Cauley with a player of equal or better quality because simply it would cost too much , it will be another nail in our coffin as we prepare for life in division one .
    I dont boo him at games so don't fall into that category - as for championship quality 1in 5 / 1in 6 without penalties doesnt point towards that I'm afraid - the stats dont lie. He is out of his depth. Work rate - its phoney , he doesnt close down with any intention , I said a few weeks ago, he jogs at the side of the defender.

He's a league 1 player all day long or okay at championship level if he gets his hand held

His performances have been woeful for quite a while

Under the definition of fickle, if he goes, he is!!

I’m with you on this renno, but I’d also add that over the last 3 seasons he has turned into a “moaner” by that I mean he spends more time moaning to the ref that a decision hasn’t gone his way and throwing his arms in the air! It’s clearly a conscious decision he’s made at some point because he hardly did it before? It annoys me because he lets it affect his game rather than trying to deal with it!

It doesn’t matter a jot if a player is loyal or fickle there’s only one reason a player moves on from Barnsley and that is to better his career with a better contract which means better money and which of us wouldn’t move jobs at 3 or 4 times our salary.

Get rid to highest bidder he's games gone downhill wont be missed

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I dont boo him at games so don't fall into that category - as for championship quality 1in 5 / 1in 6 without penalties doesnt point towards that I'm afraid - the stats dont lie. He is out of his depth. Work rate - its phoney , he doesnt close down with any intention , I said a few weeks ago, he jogs at the side of the defender.

He's a league 1 player all day long or okay at championship level if he gets his hand held

His performances have been woeful for quite a while

Under the definition of fickle, if he goes, he is!!
    When I refer to the boo boys I mean the critics who have given a player dogs abuse not just at the ground but more to the point on social media where it is easy to be offensive when hiding behind a key board . I know you do not like it because it does not support your point of view but penalties do actually count , there are many penalties that get missed & Woodrow should not be disrespected because he is rather good at them & as for stats, Woodrow has scored just under 1 goal every 3 matches he has played in the championship which is not bad considering many of those games have been played in a struggling side , as you say the stats do not lie , also you say that he is a league 1 player well I dare wager that when the club move him on it will be to a championship club but we will see . It is all about opinions & I actually think he works his nuts off every match even when his form is struggling but he gets very little supply or support but hopefully now Morris is back they could play as a two & improve our goal scoring tally

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    When I refer to the boo boys I mean the critics who have given a player dogs abuse not just at the ground but more to the point on social media where it is easy to be offensive when hiding behind a key board . I know you do not like it because it does not support your point of view but penalties do actually count , there are many penalties that get missed & Woodrow should not be disrespected because he is rather good at them & as for stats, Woodrow has scored just under 1 goal every 3 matches he has played in the championship which is not bad considering many of those games have been played in a struggling side , as you say the stats do not lie , also you say that he is a league 1 player well I dare wager that when the club move him on it will be to a championship club but we will see . It is all about opinions & I actually think he works his nuts off every match even when his form is struggling but he gets very little supply or support but hopefully now Morris is back they could play as a two & improve our goal scoring tally
    I think you could add to that Shadrack that he's also been used out of position quite often. He should have been tested a couple of months ago, mainly to refresh his mind. We might have seen a different outcome then. Good luck to him if he leaves.

Good point about penalties , they have to be scored , I'm not sure he's missed one yet for us ? Should he leave (I doubt he will ) good luck to him , he stayed loyal and extended his Contract when many thought he would leave , a Top Player for us , some appear to not appreciate how good he is ? If he goes,where on earth are we likely to get either aquivelent or better than him from ? Please don't tell me the Lad at Chesterfield who we have allegedly been watching ,

Equivalent (doh)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast