+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scotland the Brave.

Scotland the Brave.

Read a headline that said Scotland had won FIVE games on the trot, it seemed to be implying that they were on their way back as a force to be reckoned with in International football. Suitably impressed I looked up just who it was they'd beaten, turns out it was Moldova, Austria, Israel, Faroe Islands and Moldova again, not as impressive as I was thinking, but to be fair you can only beat what's in front of you and they've done that. So I looked at their four previous games, all against serious opposition this time, Denmark, Croatia, England and Czech Republic and they didn't win any of them.

So my advice to our friends enslaved by Wee Nippy and the SNP up there, don't get too carried away, you're not back in the big league just yet. But you can dream.

But they beat us ............. Scotland 3 Israel 2

https://youtu.be/e5KvKh2ummI

Israel 1 Scotland 1

https://youtu.be/Ahe6fUyY13M

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    But they beat us ............. Scotland 3 Israel 2
    Seems about right that Balan, a 3-2 home win and a 1-1 draw away against the team ranked 80th in the world, places them fairly accurately in the football pecking order, not very high.

45th in the FIFA rankings, moved up four places recently. They'll be getting nosebleeds soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Read a headline that said Scotland had won FIVE games on the trot, it seemed to be implying that they were on their way back as a force to be reckoned with in International football. Suitably impressed I looked up just who it was they'd beaten, turns out it was Moldova, Austria, Israel, Faroe Islands and Moldova again, not as impressive as I was thinking, but to be fair you can only beat what's in front of you and they've done that. So I looked at their four previous games, all against serious opposition this time, Denmark, Croatia, England and Czech Republic and they didn't win any of them.

So my advice to our friends enslaved by Wee Nippy and the SNP up there, don't get too carried away, you're not back in the big league just yet. But you can dream.
    You could say its a bit like England Sinkov

Scotland 2 Denmark 0 tonight ----sinkov, they have been reading your commnets!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Scotland 2 Denmark 0 tonight ----sinkov, they have been reading your commnets!
    SIX on the trot, who knows where this will end, who can possibly beat the Super-Jocks ? But we've been here before, it ALWAYS ends in tears.

Denmark played their third team.

This from a Scottish friend touched my heart strings, perhaps I'm being a bit too hard on them, good luck to them anyway, they're not all bad the Jocks, not by any means.

"I was at the Scotland v Denmark game. Back at the start of Steve Clarke's appointment I was one of those highly encouraged by his time at Kilmarnock. It has taken him some time to win over a few people, but I have always said to stick with him. He has turned us from being a bit of a joke into a seriously decent side. I do not remember a better performance. And the atmosphere was genuinely electric. In the previous game Moldova got a penalty, we were two nil up and it was not that big a deal but would I suppose have made the last few minutes a little nervy, Craig Gordon saved the penalty but the Kieran Tierney tackle in the aftermath really epitomised the togetherness of the squad Clarke has built. Of course we may not qualify for the World Cup and we await the draw, but I doubt teams want to come to Hampden. And whatever happens we now have a group of players (Robertson, McGinn, Tierney, McTominay, Gilmour etc) that will be part of this set up for many years to come.

Seeing Hampden Park full and rocking with everyone singing and behind the team, standing by and joyfully celebrating with my son - its what life is all about - sharing the good moments when they come with people you love. And in our case it is about the fact we have gone through his entire life (19 years old) watching the other side of it all, disappointment, losing horrendously in places like Kazakhstan and Georgia but always knowing we will be back together for the next game to share these moments"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)