+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we a better team without Crooks?

Are we a better team without Crooks?

Potentially divisive question but a genuine one nonetheless. Are we a better team since losing Crooks? Just a few thoughts on this.

1. Reduces the temptation to play longer more often (not his fault but being a big lad it would be a bailout to lump it up to him)
    2. We got Ollie in as a result. A more dynamic player and obviously shorter, encourages us to play it on the deck.
    3. Two up top now every game. No more Crooks in behind Smudge, he always has a strike partner right up beside him.

I'm not saying for one second that Crooks isn't capable of playing in our team, of course he still is, we aren't better than him individually. But, are we a better team without him? In the sense of how losing him has 'forced' a different style on us to a degree. With pretty tremendous results to this point.

Perhaps the litmus test would be if we were in the Champ again, playing more football like we have been and seeing how we go, but I feel like it is a fair question to ask.

So, what do you think?

It’s a fair and open question. I think we can all see our game has altered dramatically since Crooks left. Glad to see though that he’s settled in at Boro and doing well.

Our midfield is now a beast of a line up and definitely one to fear and the credit has to go to recruitment, Warne and his staff.

Yes, it use to be hoof ball but now, we use great wing play where all the midfield are involved, add to this two up font is very encouraging and great to see. No more lump up to Crooks to knock on to Smith to attack a back line but, a far more fluid balance throughout the team where we press as a team and one where you really have work hard for a place.

Great time to be a Miller and long may it continue.

Swapping Crooks for Ollie Rathbone, Shane Ferguson, and a million pounds (plus) in the bank, is the stuff dreams are made of.

I feel we wouldn’t have signed Ollie if we had got Wing.

I’m very happy with that outcome.

Basically......yes !

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I feel we wouldn’t have signed Ollie if we had got Wing.

I’m very happy with that outcome.
    Good observation. Hadn't even thought about the pursuit of Wing. Although I would of enjoyed having Wing back, he worked well with us but yeah, hindsight Ollie 100% now.

Hard to say for sure really, Crooks could’ve got better maybe but for me I won’t be looking back until we start losing ����

I also liked Wing and again maybe he would’ve improved under us

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It’s a fair and open question. I think we can all see our game has altered dramatically since Crooks left. Glad to see though that he’s settled in at Boro and doing well.

Our midfield is now a beast of a line up and definitely one to fear and the credit has to go to recruitment, Warne and his staff.

Yes, it use to be hoof ball but now, we use great wing play where all the midfield are involved, add to this two up font is very encouraging and great to see. No more lump up to Crooks to knock on to Smith to attack a back line but, a far more fluid balance throughout the team where we press as a team and one where you really have work hard for a place.

Hmmm have I missed something ? How long has Brin been a mod ???

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Hmmm have I missed something ? How long has Brin been a mod ???
    Too ****ing long....

Quite a while...
    You need to go to Specsavers !!

A completely different approach from when Crooks was playing here.
    Good luck to him at Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

You would have seen a lot more wing play last season but for Ogbene's injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast