+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billericay v Hampton And Richmond last Saturday

Billericay v Hampton And Richmond last Saturday

After last weeks defeat at Chippenham, I was hoping that Ricay’s fortunes would change enough, to get them off the bottom of the league. Since appointing a new manager several weeks ago , they have lost 5 in a row. I thought a new manager was supposed to improve things ? I was also hoping that my son, and grandson would have a day to remember ,as we all attended our first game together. I was wrong !
    Both these teams had connections with Wembley. Billericay in the 70’s with Wembley wins in the FA vase. H and R goalkeeper Alan Julian played in goal for Stevenage in their 3-2 win over Kidderminster Harriers , in the first final at the New Wembley. A game I attended, to see what the new stadium would look like.
    Saturdays game was nothing to shout about, with the visitors looking more likely to score. They did, early in the second half ,and there was never any doubt who would be taking home the 3 points.A disappointing end to a memorable day.As darkness fell over New Lodge, it gave the home fans plenty to ponder, wondering if they’ll ever get to see their team win a few games and move off the bottom. From what I’ve seen in the past 7 days, it doesn’t look like it.

This brought back memories of me visiting a mate in Brentwood and going to watch Chelmsford though i can't remember who they played. Chelmsford Town nickname at the time was "The Claret", I bought a mug as a novelty. They are now Chelmsford City and call themselves "The Clarets"

Six defeats on the spin now for Billericay, malwayne. They achieved some success and publicity when maverick boss Glenn Tamplin was in charge but perhaps they need to find some stability and may need to drop down a level to find it.

OC, you are right . They did achieve some success with the controversial Glen Tamplin including promotion to the league they are in now. He also improved the stadium facilities and its not a bad little set up. Even at this level it’s all about money, being two good seasons away from the Football League. In recent years the team has seen far too many changes, some being sent on their way , because they were high wage earners. I really hope they don’t go down, as I feel they will be there for a while. Plus the fact, that all of their games will be in London and the South East, so will limit my chances of watching them a bit more ! I am sure the effort is being made by everyone at the club, but it’s a bit more quality on the pitch that they require.

Oh! The lament of footy supporters everywhere... "but it’s a bit more quality on the pitch that they require."

BT I only speak the truth ! Some teams need a bit more quality than others !! The thing is, deep down, we all think we can do the job better than the people who are currently in charge. We all have the answers, but as you know only too well,it’s not as easy as that.Most of the time, we wish it was !!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    BT I only speak the truth ! Some teams need a bit more quality than others !! The thing is, deep down, we all think we can do the job better than the people who are currently in charge. We all have the answers, but as you know only too well,it’s not as easy as that.Most of the time, we wish it was !!
    I have a couple of old mates from my yesteryear footy playing days who are Liverpool supporters, and they constantly claim they need a bit more quality up top. Apparently Jota, Origi and Firminho are not up to the standards the Reds require. I suppose it's all relative malwayne.

It's a bit unfair, having to play Hampton And Richmond.

WC, apparently, they extended their name in 1999, and got Richmond in, to try and expand their fan base. Whether it’s worked since then or not, I don’t really know. Like a lot of non league clubs, it’s always going to me a battle to survive, when you have the permanent threat of a much higher standard of football close by. I will keep watching as many games as I can. As you know, these clubs are glad to see you, you usually get a friendly welcome, there’s no VAR, and it’s the lifeblood of our game!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)