+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for saturday

Team for saturday

Question does warne make changes

For saturday its a conumdrum and one i wouldnt like to make

Barring injuries or illnesses its got to be the same starting eleven as against Ipswich. What a position to be in having players like Ollie Rathbone available from off the bench. No need to tweak the side, Michael Ihiekwe is as capable as Wes Harding at playing left side centre back. Leave the tweaking for the FA Cup and the Papa Trophy.
    Have a word with Jamie Lindsay and Michael Ihiekwe Warney, at the rate Jamie Lindsay is collecting unnecessary yellow cards he will end up with a one match ban and out of the side.

No need to change anything only one he might consider is Harding for Woody to give him a rest not an easy decision by any means

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    No need to change anything only one he might consider is Harding for Woody to give him a rest not an easy decision by any means
    Harding shouldn't be on the bench. When a player knows he should be in the side & he's not a player as good as him when played on the right will want to move were he's wanted. Edmunds Green he's only on loan. At Oxford Harding for Wood he'll have to play on the left of the back 3. I'm waiting for the day our back 3 reads Harding Ihiekwe A McDonald that would be some back 3 for league 1!

Oxford are a good side especially at home and being hit by Covid hasn’t hit them results wise just yet.
    I’d keep Lindsay in the side until Rathbone is fully ready and the wingers are anyone’s guess as Warne seems to like rotating then but Fergie is in great form at the minute so he has to start for me.

Next game is Stockport at home on Friday so I don’t see there being too many changes on Saturday.

PW almost always sticks with the players that have done well.

If it's not going so well after 60 mins or so we have the quality to bring others on and change the course of the game

Oxford won't be looking forward this

Regardless of the result or performance their Manager will think he has the best players

Our high power, high pressure game might mean that we are a bit jaded should we make no changes.

Such is the confidence though all of our players will be wanting to start.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Harding shouldn't be on the bench. When a player knows he should be in the side & he's not a player as good as him when played on the right will want to move were he's wanted. Edmunds Green he's only on loan. At Oxford Harding for Wood he'll have to play on the left of the back 3. I'm waiting for the day our back 3 reads Harding Ihiekwe A McDonald that would be some back 3 for league 1!
    Indeed Wes Harding shouldn't be on the bench. He should be at right back or right wing back. As our preferred formation is 3-1-4-2 or 3-5-2 as some see it he's like Ihiekwe, he's being accomodated in the side and both are doing what's required from them. Bola and Odoffin must also be frustrated at not getting too much game time. You've already quoted two consecutive games is too much for Richard Wood, what you going to say if Richard Wood plays at Oxford ?

I too am waiting for the day our back three are Harding, Ihiekwe, A.McDonald.

Just hope the Tolaji Bola signing isn't a complete waste of time. Personally, I don't think Ihiekwe is as strong as Harding at Left Back and neither of them are Left Backs.

Two changes from Tuesday Harding for Wood to play on the left of the back 3. Think it's time to start Kayode in place of Ladapo who plays better when fresh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast