+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V Staggies (a)

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Sporle could be back this weekend, Fuchs is a possibility, Liam Smith still out
    Sorry just saw this

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Tbh I'd forgotten that Jeando had tweaked something last week. Anyone know who the player was that's been told to train with the youths? 😎 or unfair to name on a message board....

Good to hear about Sporle.
    Is this from the story Tam told last week about someone he dropped to train with the youths at the start of the season? If it is then it was Neilson, if its not that story then its probably Chalmers

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Is this from the story Tam told last week about someone he dropped to train with the youths at the start of the season? If it is then it was Neilson, if its not that story then its probably Chalmers
    Neilson was my guess. He's not made a first team squad for a while. But then he could have been injured because we'd never know 😏

Neilson was my guess. He's not made a first team squad for a while. But then he could have been injured because we'd never know ��
    He has had an ankle injury, but that was after the demotion.

If we show the same desire and application as we did v the SSB'S there's no reason we can't get all 3 points. Under MM most of us would be happy with a point before this game, not now. Their victory against Hibs might help us because they'll be looking to attack at any opportunity and that's going to leave spaces in behind them.

Could do with Levitt back in to help Jeando.
    No fitness updates as per usual. Where's Sporle? Want 5 across the middle in this to blunt their wing play.

No idea what team will line up, maybe we'll see Louis start this one with Niskanen asked to start on the right. Wild guess. Will Biamou ever start a game?
    Either way a great chance to match Hearts result or go above them. Go get it lads.

Benji
    Freeman Edwards Mulgrew McMann
    Niskanen Pawlett Fuchs Harkes Appere
    Clark
    It took us an hour to show any desire and application v the SSBs so I'd actually like us to start a lot quicker and be on the front foot from the off. Hard game though so 0-5 will do.

Neilson was last seen as an unused sub at Ayr in the League Cup over 3 months ago.
    Chalmers was last seen being substituted at half time in the St Johnstone defeat at Tannadice at the end of last month.
    Maybe they're both on the naughty step.

I thought the bad boy was either Mochrie or Chalmers? Thought Neilson had been put out on loan only to return quickly with his ankle injury.

Which takes me onto our possible midfield situation! Butchers obviously out, but with Fuchs and Levitt maybe out as well, who takes the midfield slots? Are Hoti, Harkes and Glass good enough to match County, and Well for that matter, or do we look to pushing Mulgrew forward with Reynolds or Kerr filling in at the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I thought the bad boy was either Mochrie or Chalmers? Thought Neilson had been put out on loan only to return quickly with his ankle injury.

Which takes me onto our possible midfield situation! Butchers obviously out, but with Fuchs and Levitt maybe out as well, who takes the midfield slots? Are Hoti, Harkes and Glass good enough to match County, and Well for that matter, or do we look to pushing Mulgrew forward with Reynolds or Kerr filling in at the back?
    I wouldn't mess with the back 4 personally. They are usually the rock we build from. I have no fear from a midfield 3 of Harkes, Hoti and Glass. They have earned their chance and it would be nice to see Hoti for a fuller game. Neither upcoming midfield is anything to fear playing against.

Hoti is the closest style for style to Fuchs, so if Jeando is missing I'd give Hoti the start. Glass has looked tremendous in his couple of starts so far and Harkes is Harkes, so we will be fine. Only issue then comes that once you are missing Fuchs, Butcher and Levitt then the options off the bench are pretty non exsistent

I'm assuming this match is going to get called off due to the storm. Hopefully they do it early enough before fans head off on that journey.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)