+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: V Staggies (a)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We've won something like 7 games 1 nil this season. This was always going to happen at some point.
    Didn't need to happen today though Terry. Very very poor game management. Louis been outstanding last couple of games but what on earth was he thinking about giving them a free kick like that in the last minute. Don't under any circumstances give them a free ball into the box with 10 men. 2 points thrown away today I'm afraid.

Maybe getting 2 might help. Going to be honest here, we were poor. Lets not forget Benji's saves and Edwards goal line clearance. We never really looked like we were causing much danger. The quicker we get back to our best team the better. A point away from home in this league is not the end of the world, but, just now it feels like it.

Roll on Tuesday...........

What is the script with the new striker....and when is McNulty back? Our frontline is P#sh!

It always feels like a horrible kick in the stones when you lose a lead at the death, sickener as would have been a great 3 pts but it will happen at times, seems avoidable but hoping it will be a decent piont come the end of the week

I think Appere maybe slipped trying to close the county player down, if not it was stupid, as was Hoti's when the ref didn't give handball. Still the same problem of having to rely on the defence not conceding for us to win games, defenders must have scored about a third of our goals too. Don't know what the script is with the guy from Coventry is, I'd have thought fresh legs with them pushing and being a man short would have helped.

The jury is still out on which of their 3 players scored the goal. Not the best defending in the world. Added time brain freeze methinks....

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It always feels like a horrible kick in the stones when you lose a lead at the death, sickener as would have been a great 3 pts but it will happen at times, seems avoidable but hoping it will be a decent piont come the end of the week
    Saying it happens at times says its acceptable! Wasnt acceptable to feck about at an injury time corner early in the doon season, and while the circumstances are different, its not acceptable now in where we want our team to be!

Fecking about at a corner said to County that we had taken the foot off the accelerator, which in turn gave them the heart to push forward for the equalizer! I would rather the ball was back at Benji rather that failing to win another corner!

Yes, we were poor today, but we were ahead and in control then just threw it away!

To be fair I don't think we have done anything too different from any of our other games today when trying to close it out, it's just we haven't done it very well by giving away two stupid free kicks, and before that trying unsuccessfully to win a corner. And we are missing two our best players for keeping possession in Fuchs and Levitt. First free kick should be a free kick to us for handball, but Hoti needs to keep his composure, second one I think maybe Appere slips in his efforts to close down the county player, so maybe a bit unlucky.

We have shown we can close games out, but we can't kill games off, we don't have fast clinical players in final third who when teams open up can pick them off.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    To be fair I don't think we have done anything too different from any of our other games today when trying to close it out, it's just we haven't done it very well by giving away two stupid free kicks, and before that trying unsuccessfully to win a corner. And we are missing two our best players for keeping possession in Fuchs and Levitt. First free kick should be a free kick to us for handball, but Hoti needs to keep his composure, second one I think maybe Appere slips in his efforts to close down the county player, so maybe a bit unlucky.

We have shown we can close games out, but we can't kill games off, we don't have fast clinical players in final third who when teams open up can pick them off.
    I thought that was why we signed Niskanen, he was far too deep today, and dare I say it, not as fast as we were hoping for.

yip

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)