+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Club Crest

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I like the simplicity of the current design though there is a question over the positioning of the F and C on the windmill arms.

But here’s the question, it’s a windmill, we are the Millers, we played at Millmoor and the ground was next to Millmoor Lane

But where was the mill?
    There were two, according to a source on Rotherham history I read years ago. One was roughly where the mill moor lane stand meets the railway end and the other was a little distance behind the railway end in what is now Boothies. I remember that Chaz (of Get 7) had a millstone in his garden that was unearthed when the Millmoor lane stand had to be shored up at the bottom end near the social club because the wall was collapsing in the 90’s. No idea where it may be now.

Yep its a leave as it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I like the simplicity of the current design though there is a question over the positioning of the F and C on the windmill arms.

But here’s the question, it’s a windmill, we are the Millers, we played at Millmoor and the ground was next to Millmoor Lane

But where was the mill?
    Wonder what the origin of the name/area Millmoor was? Perhaps there was some form of Mill there? Or is that name just the ground and not the area? If so, wonder who came up with the name Millmoor?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Wonder what the origin of the name/area Millmoor was? Perhaps there was some form of Mill there? Or is that name just the ground and not the area? If so, wonder who came up with the name Millmoor?
    Mill Moor was an open patch of land where the two mills stood. It was gradually built on until only the part that RCFC moved into remained as a field.

I really don't like the crest we have but have to agree it stands out and semiotically does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Mill Moor was an open patch of land where the two mills stood. It was gradually built on until only the part that RCFC moved into remained as a field.
    Thanks for that - interesting background information

Leave well alone For some reason Pigs changed theirs a few years back I always thought it looks like a cartoon character

What you could do is get rid of the shield and just have the windmill and the ball.

Or just have a windmill or even just the sails of the windmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Interesting, but the old maps show no signs of any windmills

That is our crest. why change it ?
    What too.
    A lgbt rainbow. ffs . leave it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast