Notts County head coach Ian Burchnall hasn't ruled out a raid on Nottingham Forest for loan signings as he spoke of the Magpies' "good relationship" with their neighbours.

The two clubs continue to work together with Notts currently leasing Forest's old training ground on Holme Road which has allowed them use of a terrific facility.

The club's under-23s have also joined Notts for training to add some intensity to the sessions with the Reds set to make a short trip across the Trent next week.

Burchnall says Notts have good relationships with Forest's academy head Gary Brazil and their under-23s manager Andy Reid.

And asked whether that relationship could see some of Forest's talent moving on loan to the Magpies, Burchnall said it had to be right for both clubs.

"I would say we have a good relationship with them," he said.

"They speak to myself and the club speak to Gary Brazil over there. We have really good dialogue with him.

"Myself and Michael Doyle speak to Andy Reid a lot with the under-23s and we're gonna do a little in house thing with them next week.

"We don't have a game so we can get some competition into the training sessions.

"We're building a good connection between them and a good working relationship there.

"I always think with every loan player, you don't just take them for the sake of it.

"You need to actually be able to be a part of their development otherwise it doesn't work for us, doesn't work for the club, doesn't work for the player and then you gain nothing from that connection.

"I think they've got some really good players and really interesting players in the under-23s.

"It would have to be the right moment and situation that they will be able to come in play positively affect our game, and then gain a good experience.

"I'm sure within the next six months or more than that, at some point, there'll be that connection and we'll be able to find a solution with a player that works for everyone."

Notts have previously utilised their relationship with Forest to good effect having taken Ryan Yates and Jorge Grant on loan in the 2017/18 season.

Under then boss Kevin Nolan, Grant became a huge hit having scored 18 goals for Notts as they reached the League Two play-offs.

Yates, meanwhile, was superb but left to join League One side S****horpe United in the January window, but had become a fans' favourite at Meadow Lane.

Virgil Gomis then arrived the following season which ended with Notts slipping into the National League for the first time in their history.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...nsfers-6261813