+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New club captain.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Much as I like Edwards, I do feel sorry for Reynolds. Yes, he’s down the pecking order to the point where you can’t see him playing for the first team again unless in the case of extreme injury problems but he was an integral part of the side that first stabilised the Club, got us up and then even more importantly kept us up. He’s certainly on his way - we thought it would be August but if he now departs in the New Year (as is highly likely) then could this announcement not have been kept back until then? I mean it’s only a few weeks away after all. Big Ryan is captain material no question but we could have let Reynolds keep a little bit of dignity before he goes IMO.
    The voice of reason James, good sentiment.
    Reynolds is reputed to be top drawer, the man to have at a Club.
    I hope he gets some more game time, he's certainly not the worst.

Reynolds has been a steady performer at Utd and top professional. Was big part of us getting up and staying up. Shame he has slipped down pecking order, but simple fact is better players are ahead of him.

Edwards has been top player for us, his real test will be if he has to partner Connolly again at some point (joking).

Was strange last season when we went through spell of conceding from set plays every week and melon left him on bench.

He got a niggly knock early on that disrupted his progress at start. Didn’t stop some people dismissing him as no better than what we had after about 2 matches though!

Always thought Reynolds was decent for us. For me at times he was pulled out of position by connelly who tried to be involved in everything and made us look disjointed. It’s was his distribution that let him down. Hopefully he can get a chance to say goodbye on the park for us. That said I think the appointment of Edwards as captain is a sound one. He fully deserves it and as mentioned solid at the back and a threat up top. Well done Ryan. 🖤🧡

Butcher, Reynolds and Connolly all came in at a time when we were pish weak and added us a bit of steel to the team. They ayed an important role getting us stabilised and out of the fizzy league. I am grateful for their time at the club and would welcome them back anytime to support the team. They were brought kn to do a job and I think they have done what was asked from them. Unfortunately for them. the team are mvingin a different direction which they will struggle to fit into. Happy if they stay as squad members until the summer...equally, I think it would be best for all parties if they mived on to get some game time.

Connolly yes he is away on loan and down the pecking order, Reynolds definitely, he isn't getting game time, been class for us so may want to leave to get games

Butcher ain't leaving as far as I'm aware, is very much part of the team and squad.. only an injury then a bit of stupidity Saturday (not something he had done before) is why we haven't seen him much recently

Good choice of captain is big Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Connolly yes he is away on loan and down the pecking order, Reynolds definitely, he isn't getting game time, been class for us so may want to leave to get games

Butcher ain't leaving as far as I'm aware, is very much part of the team and squad.. only an injury then a bit of stupidity Saturday (not something he had done before) is why we haven't seen him much recently
    Yep fully agree, don't like players being written off as shyte that have given bloody good service to the club.

Congrats to big Ryan he leads by example. Me personally, I would have given it to Charlie. He is more vocal, and more involved in the organisational side of things, as, and when they happen on the park. He will still do that, so maybe Tam was thinking, two for the price of one These two should be captain and vice/club captain with Benji next in line. Big thanks to Mark Reynolds (he's not finished yet).
    No issue at all with Edwards being the Captain, well done, hope it goes well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)