+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth eyeing Wootton swoop

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If that was indeed the scenario, which I very much doubt, then that would be extremely disappointing and frankly criminal behaviour by the owners.

Won't happen mind.
    So do you think that Effiong is on the radar?

Any chance we can get eli coached on how to be a centre forward, hes a big old unit..!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So do you think that Effiong is on the radar?
    Strangely no.

Not suggesting this player but what’s the crack with Kyle Hudlin at Solihull, he was apparently being tracked by a number of Champ sides in the summer and some crazy story Man City we’re interested but doesn’t seem to have featured much this season, certainly has the height at 6ft 9, I guess the reaction will be it’s Ardleys fault.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Not suggesting this player but what’s the crack with Kyle Hudlin at Solihull, he was apparently being tracked by a number of Champ sides in the summer and some crazy story Man City we’re interested but doesn’t seem to have featured much this season, certainly has the height at 6ft 9, I guess the reaction will be it’s Ardleys fault.
    I watched him against Wigan in the cup and he looked like he had never seen a football pitch in his life, let alone play on one. He didn’t win a header and positionally all over the place. No thanks.

Good though he is, I’m slightly amused by the headline description of him as “free-scoring”. About 20 goals a season at this level is decent but not spectacular. But as an all round player, I think he’s good (if I’m allowed an opinion without having seen him except on a screen).

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Question is, which would be better, selling him in January for a fee or keeping hold of him until the summer and losing him for nothing?

Either way, if KW does decide to leave this season and we don't already have an adequate replacement lined up, I doubt even finishing in the top 7 would be feasible.
    Going forward, IMO that the best we can hope for is to be a feeder club to a championship club, so it wouldn’t matter too much which league we were in - who knows, that club could be our nearest neighbours as it seems the relationship between the two clubs is getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Going forward, IMO that the best we can hope for is to be a feeder club to a championship club, so it wouldn’t matter too much which league we were in - who knows, that club could be our nearest neighbours as it seems the relationship between the two clubs is getting stronger.
    I bleddy hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If that was indeed the scenario, which I very much doubt, then that would be extremely disappointing and frankly criminal behaviour by the owners.

Won't happen mind.
    And you have a good source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I bleddy hope not.
    If it means us getting players off them like Yates and Grant then why not strengthen ties.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast