+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Portsmouth eyeing Wootton swoop

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Sorry - anyone who thinks that Sam can surpass what Kyle offers us is deluded. Not saying that Sam lacks ability, but he appears to lack the application which is required and for a player of his size seems to be easily bullied off the ball. I am sure his confidence is low and I hope he gets some game time in the forthcoming Football Trophy games as he may yet still be needed as a squad player. However to suggest (on current evidence) that he could do a better job than KW is daft IMHO.
    Personally, I'd go as far as saying if Wootton got ruled out with injury for a month or two that we'd go out to the loan market immediately and Sam would be no closer to the starting lineup.

Checked soccerbase which suggests he's played 15 minutes over 2 league games this season. Maybe Sam is the sacrificial goat as we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the capitulation against 10 men. More likely the fact you may as well toss a coin when the ball is going to him whether you're going to see a touch from the Premier League or Sunday league.

Incredibly unlikely he'll do anything but see out his contract and leave without contributing anything more. He did give us one of the most unique and improvised finishes I've ever seen from a Notts player - which is a whole lot more than some of the strikers have offered down the years in their time at Notts.

I'd be interested to know what the standout statistics were which put him above others on the Football Radar database with the exception of he's tall, relatively young and Belgian which makes us look edgy.

As for Wootton - seeing his time out here and leaving at the end of the season on a free is my guess. Wouldn't begrudge him his move back to the league and he doesn't seem the type to bail on the challenge of trying to get us back up mid-season and kicking up a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Personally, I'd go as far as saying if Wootton got ruled out with injury for a month or two that we'd go out to the loan market immediately and Sam would be no closer to the starting lineup.

Checked soccerbase which suggests he's played 15 minutes over 2 league games this season. Maybe Sam is the sacrificial goat as we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the capitulation against 10 men. More likely the fact you may as well toss a coin when the ball is going to him whether you're going to see a touch from the Premier League or Sunday league.

Incredibly unlikely he'll do anything but see out his contract and leave without contributing anything more. He did give us one of the most unique and improvised finishes I've ever seen from a Notts player - which is a whole lot more than some of the strikers have offered down the years in their time at Notts.

I'd be interested to know what the standout statistics were which put him above others on the Football Radar database with the exception of he's tall, relatively young and Belgian which makes us look edgy.
    Agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree with all of that.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    You mean like Wooton & Rodrigues? We obviously didn't watch them play either! Not every transfer will work out but we're getting more right than wrong this season imo.
    So, you would like to keep him then....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678