+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The new Covid variant

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    TBH, can't see that the govt are doing anything wrong (for once!). Far too early to tell if this new mutation is going to turn out milder or more infectious or whatever but surely it's better to play safe in order to avoid a further potential lockdown and mask wearing, hand washing and social distancing don't seem to be unreasonable requests coupled with increased booster jab takeup.
    I don’t think there has ever been a subject where the power of hindsight has been so great as Covid.

All those people, myself included, who criticised the Govt for not acting quickly enough last year, slow taking action such as closing borders and wearing face masks can’t have it both ways. That said most people I know want to now.

At last the Govt have acted and given themselves 3 weeks breathing space to see what happens, both to the new variant, as well as vaccination take up.

Don’t like Boris, never have, never will, but I applaud the positive action for once.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Couldn’t agree more, media and social media have really succeeded in spreading the Angst and fear propaganda.
    This is the reason I stopped watching the news and haven't gone back since the media invented a fuel crisis then happily reported it on every news bulletin. They keep trying the same trick with Christmas shortages. If it's not that it's Covid. The media's role is to win ratings not to necessarily report the truth.

South African doctor who first reported this latest variant of concern has said cases are mild and their ICU's are not filled up with Covid patients, it's already outcompeting Delta too so why the mass panic. Surely some high level conversations were had when this came to light but no room for a good news story these days eh.

You can make statistics mean anything but:-

Almost 19% of UK population over 65 years old, around 5% of South Africans, mainly white, are 65 or over.

Of course that may have some impact on ICUs not being filled up as it us old so and so’s who die! Let’s not worry about it though us oldies will be dead soon anyway!

HELLOOOOO.......

This virus is mutating into something that spreads quicker but it’s becoming less virulent.

Welcome to the new common cold.

FFS.......take a vaccine and get on with your life.

This news hype is doing my head in!!!

Just get jabbed lads. Just in case.
    https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...ntensive-care/

The seasonal flu is predicted to be harsh this year by us, for vulnerable people. The type they are talking about stems directly from the Hong Kong in 1968… Those vaccinated can also get it… It changes and has done so from the beginning… New jabs every year…

Hello!? Anything new!?

Thankfully they did not decide on draconian measures back in ’68, that would have been one h e ll of a long lockdown…

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)