+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The first team players

The first team players

I know all Barnsley fans want to see the team do well but after the success of last season with Val and the high press system the players enjoyed the win bonuses and looked to be enjoying the system.Then at the end of the season because no players were sold the owners although they know next to nothing about football changed the system to a more passing game.This put an end to the success of last season and an end to any winning bonuses because without any experienced players to help the young players their heads drop and the rot sets in.I think maybe the players have lost any confidence they may have had with the club and are now just playing their contracts out to get away as soon as possible.I would doubt if any of the players would even think of signing a new contract with these owners in power.Also I can’t think any player in his right mind would even think about joining the club under the present conditions.It will not make one bit of difference getting the new head coach in and I do feel sorry for him but the writing is on the wall we are going to be relegated and if these owners remain in power it will not stop at the 1st div.
    I know that some supporters will say that the players are paid to do a job and should put 100% into their game but after being stabbed in the back by the owners and a lack of experience in the team I can understand why there is a lack of confidence in the team.The sooner these owners clear off and we can go back to being a normal football club again.

To be honest Mr Filey , I'm fast losing all interest in all that's BFC, the players , board ,everything , i enjoy the rare wins ! The defeats and the manner in which we lose is pathetic , it's now got to the stage where when we lose it doesn't bother me like it used to do , I won't be renewing or spending one more penny on BFC , I've had enough of these Arsoyles and some mardy so called footballers.
    "Don't be going on the Beach tomorrow , unless you want to be the next Reginald Perrin !!"

I share your view of the owners Filey but personally I think the players should take a long hard look in the mirror. The fans have stayed with them but patience is now wearing thin I reckon. I understand their lack of confidence after the change in style and poor results but surely professionalism and self respect comes into the equation here. They also earn a very good living for being a professional footballer. Where is their pride ffs? The games I've seen certain players are well below the standards required in terms of effort. Losing is one thing but losing in the manner that they are is another. As Barnsley fans we accept results what ever provided our team gives it everything for the shirt. Perhaps some of them should stop sulking and get back to being professionals. If a bricklayer starts sulking and only produces 60/70% of his normal output, he's darn the road and out of work.

Ive thought that for a long time as well now, that these players have to take a large part of the blame here.
    It bugs me to see what they are earning, and then hearing them whinge about a lack of confidence, or a lack of something else.
    Aww diddums!, its time they grew up and started putting in the effort again, which most of them are capable of doing.
    We know they have got it in them, as last season wasn't just down to luck was it.

Av sed befooar that apathy is the killer.

Av not been to Oakwell since Stendel was sacked and it is sad to have to admit that Barnsley's result now barely registers, producing neither elation, nor despair.

Maybe a change of ownership might re-kindle my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Av not been to Oakwell since Stendel was sacked and it is sad to have to admit that Barnsley's result now barely registers, producing neither elation, nor despair.

Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Ditto

Stop bringing that big bird Beth Ditto into this, its got nowt to do with her. 😁