+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: German coaches/Managers- Why are they so popular ?

German coaches/Managers- Why are they so popular ?

Why is there a sudden influx of football people from Germany . I mean , Tuchel struck gold first time out, but Klopp took 4 years with Liverpool before he won anything at all. Now we’ve got another one who’s got a job around the corner from the Trafford Centre. Are they really any better ? They’ve all spent milllions, but none of them have managed teams like Bayern Munich, have they ? I could manage Liverpool or Chelsea. You shouldn’t have to tell those players anything. In fact , they should be telling you !! Only Bayern are any good over there, and they’ll probably win the Bundesliga again this year. Give me Sean Dyche any day of the week.

I think they are popular because of how well Herr Klopp has done and now clubs are looking for Kloppelgangers.

Kloppelgangers - my new favourite word!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Why is there a sudden influx of football people from Germany . I mean , Tuchel struck gold first time out, but Klopp took 4 years with Liverpool before he won anything at all. Now we’ve got another one who’s got a job around the corner from the Trafford Centre. Are they really any better ? They’ve all spent milllions, but none of them have managed teams like Bayern Munich, have they ? I could manage Liverpool or Chelsea. You shouldn’t have to tell those players anything. In fact , they should be telling you !! Only Bayern are any good over there, and they’ll probably win the Bundesliga again this year. Give me Sean Dyche any day of the week.
    It’s simple really , they are brilliant organisers like everything German it’s methodical , quality and engineered well.

When you apply that to football it’s machine like , look at their national teams over many years they didn’t always have the best players but boy could they play.

If Dyche could adapt his style and ability he wouldn’t be at Burnley - if you look at his attributes some are similar , great man motivator , rigid defensively, tried and tested methods.

If he could add into the that the ability to change shape - formation and act - react to opposing teams many clubs would want him- to be fair to Dyche we have seen glimpses of open flowing football so we know he can do that bit.

Perhaps it's because the majority of Krauts are truly crackers..?

https://spectator.com.au/2021/11/ger...ted-customers/
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 28-11-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Herr today, gone tomorrow as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Herr today, gone tomorrow as far as I am concerned.
    They won't help you to kill yourself if you are unvaccinated outwood.

Ironic or what? Kloppelgangers United!

I dont really get it. I was under the impression that the Bunsleague was some what similar standard to the Scottish Premiership.
    Now Rangnick would have been in his prime when Ferguson and Wenger where dominating Europe, along with Spain and Italy. I dont remember Rangnicks's teams poosing much of a threat back then... or any German teams bar the odd year Bayern got to the quarter finals.
    I dont remember the German national team playing football using the gegenpressing method, and they still do not play this way.
    It all seems a load of old *******s to me, Klops successful and the trend is to employ German managers.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)