+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Bus Strikes

O/T Bus Strikes

For goodness sake lads and lasses have a think about this .

Totally wrong strategy to be announcing a week long strike with the expense of Christmas a few weeks away and pyssing off commuters who have to get to their jobs too .

I've no problem with your grievance over pay given Stagecoach made a £60m profit in the last financial year .

I'm a union man of more years than I care to remember but I'd never have advised this course of action in this day and age .

Your emptying your gun straight away .

Once you've done a week without pay reality will hit home .

Get a grip please , it's a long game .

A day strike every week with advance warning to commuters would be better in my opinion .

I sincerely hope you get the pay increase you should receive .

The tactics are extremely questionable I have to say .

Buses are mainly empty to start with , not doing themselves any favours here,
    " thatchers Britain " !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Buses are mainly empty to start with , not doing themselves any favours here,
    " thatchers Britain " !
    Well they are because the services are more frequent than what they were during the old Yorkshire Traction days .

I switched jobs two months ago and now work in Wombwell and bus it to work so JLO can have the car for her work and get around on her days off when I'm at work .

Ardsley to Wombwell costs me £17 a week with a saver card so it's not as cheap as you think but that said the services are frequent and good .

Stagecoach are losing drivers to other sectors because the driver shortages have raised the pay levels so they are going to have to address that issue .

The issue is whether that cost is passed on to commuters or is the business going to absorb that with shareholders taking the hit ? .

A £60m profit isn't a bad tickle in my opinion and whilst I don't begrudge them that those drivers deserve a slice of that given they are the ones creating that profit .