+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tractor boys

Tractor boys

In case any Crewe fan is interested we have a game away to Ipswich on Sunday more of the same I’m afraid 5-3-2 formation weaker midfield due to suspensions and Gomes being crap so I will go for 4-1 to Ipswich Long scoring for Crewe.

Is 4-1 your favourite score?

However, having said that, 2-0 defeat for me. (Hope that "shout" was not too loud for you, Wartman!

In the past Ipswich have typically played 'proper' football, which could help us to play some decent stuff ourselves.

Am going to be slightly optimistic, and predict a 1-1 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    In case any Crewe fan is interested we have a game away to Ipswich on Sunday more of the same I am afraid 5-3-2 formation weaker midfield due to suspensions and Gomes being crap so I will go for 4-1 to Ipswich Long scoring for Crewe.
    Have a horrible feeling that you might be right about the formation ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Have a horrible feeling that you might be right about the formation ☹️
    But not about midfield in that Gomes is out & Griffiths in for first league start.

Two soft goals from our perspective mixed with touches of brilliance from them lost the game. Aluko should never have been allowed to cross the ball from the close-in point on the dead ball line. Also, Richards should have taken charge once the cross came in and then Offord would never have been tempted to touch the ball. For the second, BSD should have taken charge rather than allowing the ball to go over his head and Richards should never have been that far off his line. Then again, it was our own crap free kick that led to them counterattacking in the first place. Having said that, the finish was superb.
    In the second half it was good to see us go for it. Lowery was immense and the link up play through the middle was a joy. Kashket was ineffective and pulled out of too many tackles. Mandron made a difference when he came on.
    Of the back line, Zak stood out again. Adebisi was rather hit and miss and Offord needs to speed up his decision making.
    Some people will only see another loss but I am a little heartened with a sense that things are beginning to come together. True, we still make bad decisions at the back but I think there's a chance we COULD still escape. I know, for some, that that is rosy specs speak but sacking everybody won't change things at this stage. Let's give it until New Year and if we haven't started to pick up a few points by then, I will accept the inevitability of League Two next season.

I also want to give special mentions to the referee for 'bottling' it a few times and to the assistant who clearly does NOT know the offside rule.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Two soft goals from our perspective mixed with touches of brilliance from them lost the game. Aluko should never have been allowed to cross the ball from the close-in point on the dead ball line. Also, Richards should have taken charge once the cross came in and then Offord would never have been tempted to touch the ball. For the second, BSD should have taken charge rather than allowing the ball to go over his head and Richards should never have been that far off his line. Then again, it was our own crap free kick that led to them counterattacking in the first place. Having said that, the finish was superb.
    In the second half it was good to see us go for it. Lowery was immense and the link up play through the middle was a joy. Kashket was ineffective and pulled out of too many tackles. Mandron made a difference when he came on.
    Of the back line, Zak stood out again. Adebisi was rather hit and miss and Offord needs to speed up his decision making.
    Some people will only see another loss but I am a little heartened with a sense that things are beginning to come together. True, we still make bad decisions at the back but I think there's a chance we COULD still escape. I know, for some, that that is rosy specs speak but sacking everybody won't change things at this stage. Let's give it until New Year and if we haven't started to pick up a few points by then, I will accept the inevitability of League Two next season.

Watched on IFollow today poor goal to concede and then a wonder finish goal gave us a mountain to climb but wow did we try to climb it excellent second half performance more than deserved to snatch a draw. Negatives Kashkett and Adebisi but I know he is young but he looked all at sea first half especially their player had him on toast. Lowery best player on the pitch imo absolutely awesome. I however don’t think we have any chance of staying up we just don’t have enough quality.

Much better performance. Don't think it was a coincidence that 7 out of the 8 backline/midfield were out of the Academy.
    Special mention also to Rhys on his first start.

Also good to see Long coming into good form, 3 goals in the last 3 games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast