+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No news about today’s home game against Motherwell on Club website

No problem with an adult gaining entry with an OAP ticket as there shouldn't be any OAP concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No problem with an adult gaining entry with an OAP ticket as there shouldn't be any OAP concessions.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Disagree. Sort out the alleged abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You don't stop being an adult when you turn 65. Most pensioners are well enough off and can afford full price (of course some won't be). Discounts should be removed from adults that can afford it and increased for younger people with families and who might be more likely to struggle to afford the tickets.

The whole reduction for OAPs thing is a relic of a bygone age and society now needs to reject it.

Only abuse is over 65s supporting this ticket price apartheid to the detriment of the younger fans

I'll continue to "abuse" the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You don't stop being an adult when you turn 65. Most pensioners are well enough off and can afford full price (of course some won't be). Discounts should be removed from adults that can afford it and increased for younger people with families and who might be more likely to struggle to afford the tickets.

The whole reduction for OAPs thing is a relic of a bygone age and society now needs to reject it.
    Last para in particular I agree with....."a relic from a bygone era".......unfortunately like the nhs being wonderful, paper masks being able to control a pandemic and and economic migrants fleeing brutality in war torn france....the propaganda surrounding big baby discounts is immense.

Could you have bought a ticket for him at the same time as you bought your other season tickets? I can't believe that the club does not have rules that specifically encourage parents, grandparents, uncles aunts etc to buy tickets for young relatives. I'd review the age limits and go up to the school leaving age for all kids tickets.
    I appears that the Club have ‘copied and pasted’ the original full price season ticket for each age group when they were first advertised on sale last June and then reduced the prices.
    The under 12 half season ticket price has not been reduced.
    In my opinion there are gong to be precious few adults purchasing a half price season ticket and an under 12 half price season ticket at the same time.
    There is a huge jump in the price of a season ticket for people aged 12-17 compared to those under 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

You might change your tune when you become 65.
    My wife’s GP (now retired) once told her to use her age to her advantage.

for
    That makes it seem like we need different printing
    for the kids tickets. Surely it isn't an insurmountable problem?
    The club could surely print the Under 12 season tickets in a different colour. It is not rocket science!

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You might change your tune when you become 65.
    My wife’s GP (now retired) once told her to use her age to her advantage.
    I won't, but as your GP advised your wife if it's there I'll take total advantage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)