+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwich Away Mathch Day Thread

Norwich Away Mathch Day Thread

Wolves team news…

Team to face Norwich: Sa, Semedo, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Ait-Nouri, Moutinho, Neves, Hwang, Trincao, Jimenez.

Subs: Moulden, Ruddy, However, Marcal, Silva, Dendoncker, Traore, Cundle.

I don't know what the weather's like on the East coast, but it bloody freezing cold sleet here nr Hemel Hempstead. Good lick to all who have travelled!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Wolves team news…

Team to face Norwich: Sa, Semedo, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Ait-Nouri, Moutinho, Neves, Hwang, Trincao, Jimenez.

Subs: Moulden, Ruddy, However, Marcal, Silva, Dendoncker, Traore, Cundle.

I don't know what the weather's like on the East coast, but it bloody freezing cold sleet here nr Hemel Hempstead. Good lick to all who have travelled!
    Well done WB, nearly missed this one.

Come on you Wanderers, lets be having those points!

Good entertain9ing game so far, Norwich looking lively but hopefully our class will tell in the end.

Trincao talented but lightweight.

Even though I think he is the more talented I would pull Trincao for Traore second half. We need to give Norwich something different to think about as they have bossed us for the last fif**** mins.

Wow we were lucky tpday. Norwich certainly had more ideas, possession and drive. Good job they have as much idea as we had about how to score a goal!
    Sorry but if it were my decision I wouldn't be signing Trincao permanently. Ran needs to learn how to pass a ball. Aftyer beating West Ham, this was a thoroughly dissapointing performance.

Not a great performance, lucky to get a point in the end. But fair play to Norwich, they played well and made it very difficult for us. Marked Jiminez very effectively.

Ait Nouri, don't know what to say, works hard, positional sense is very good, just can't deliver that pass when needed.

I was unable to watch this live and I'm grateful for that. There was only one team who deserved anything from the game and it wasn't Wolves. The mind doth boggle!... just how, in seven short days, we are able to transform from wonderful to woeful ? It's so bluddy frustrating. Apart from one or two brighter moments our performance in the first half was sluggish (an unwelcome reminder of times past). For Norwich, the presence of Dean Smith at the helm certainly began to show. After the break they showed a willingness to fight for every ball and a greater determination to threaten the Wolves goal, clearly, intent on winning the game whereas we seemed resigned to settle for the point. I'm loath to point the finger of blame at any particular player, for our lack-lustre performance, let's just say I'll feel much happier when Neto returns (perhaps,Raul,might agree with me).
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 28-11-2021 at 02:12 AM.

The lengths we went to to get to yesterday's match at Norwich.

We left home at 7:30 to take what should have been a 25 minute drive to Hednesford to catch a supporters coach to Carrow Road. It took nearly an hour, what with snow and ice and stuck and jacknifed lorries. We met Chris, who,d had to abandon his van some distance away at the 'Plough and Harrow' only to find that the coaches had been cancelled. So, I decided after all the effort we'd already put in I'd drive the 175 miles to the game. Chris had forgot his coat, and the tickets, including ours which he omitted to tell us about until the last minute so before we could set off I had to go to Cannock, and Bloxwich, through more carnage on the local roads, and Chris helping move about half a dozen cars out of the way. I got on the M6 about 10:30. We got as far as Corley Services, just before Coventry when we were stopped due to an accident. That took about 45 minutes to clear. We got to within a mile of Carrow Road just before 14:00, but then with match traffic and trying to park we entered the ground with 15 minutes to spare. Quite frankly, for the following 90 minutes Wolves were poor, fortunately we didn't lose and came away with a point. It then took over an hour just to get out the car park and reach the ring road so we could start our journey home. We got back to Chris's abandoned van just gone 9pm.

You might be wondering why I've bothered writing about this, but we were only one of probably a few hundred who went through the same trouble just to support the team. As Chris pointed out later over a pint, if only the team had put in the same effort on the pitch as the fans had put in just getting to support them!

I even forgot to give my prediction for the game, which I would have got wrong anyway!!

Nobody could question your dedication, Plates!

Sounds like an episode from a sitcom!

Well done anyway mate. Like you say if the team had put in the same effort we would have won 6-0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)