+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Dagenham and Redbridge 27.11.21 [NL]

Typical over-reaction or needless superstition.

I'm sure IB has already mentioned it's the goal, or answered as such when asked.
    It's not a boast, any kind of declaration or prediction, it's just an obvious statement of fact. It does no harm at all to be mindful of the target and really want it and focus on that. They've said they want Promotion so it's one and the same as that.
    Pressure is a good thing, isn't it? Always has been for me....
    Lack of pressure leads to slackness and falling away from your targets.
    I don't know, I follow sports where it's perfectly normal to state your goal is 'to win a championship', it's the reason you compete in the first place, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Haven't they said that's the target already?
    Deffo said promotion was, it’s the oldest football cliche but just concentrate on the next game. I’m happy the big spenders have got the pressure on both internally and externally. I’m happy for us to keep clocking up points in the background and then hopefully have a strong push the last 10 games.

I'm sure IB has already mentioned it's the goal, or answered as such when asked.
    It's not a boast, any kind of declaration or prediction, it's just an obvious statement of fact. It does no harm at all to be mindful of the target and really want it and focus on that. They've said they want Promotion so it's one and the same as that.
    I don't know, I follow sports where it's perfectly normal to state your goal is 'to win a championship', it's the reason you compete in the first place, isn't it?
    Agree with the pressure but the players will be doing this already to themselves. Have to agree with Laddo, you start putting statements out other teams use it, i.e this lot think their something their not let’s give it them, it’s just mind games and why managers on the whole don’t come out with it very often. IBs already said we’re a bit behind points wise where we want to be so clearly internally the goal is being in close contention to top. I would hazard a guess the goal is to be averaging 2 points a game and we’re 4 off that total. I respect everyone’s views, but talk is cheap, it’s about what you do on the pitch and we’ve had a belly full of cheap talk over the years.

All of this ^

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Did it look like the ball was held up by the wind or was it just a really bad miss?
    I was watching on BT Sport and when I watched the replay I thought it looked like the ball died on him while in flight. If the wind was blowing from that direction then that explains it!

The next few games will tell us a lot about our chances of competing for the title. We got a good result against Dagenham last night and we need to make sure we beat Southend, Kings Lynn and Dover, ideally boosting our goal difference in the process. If we can also take two or three points from the two fixtures against Chesterfield and Wrexham, ideally making sure we don't lose to Chesterfield, then first place should come within range.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I love Vincent's reactions - the glee when he scores a goal; the anguish when he just misses. They're the kind of heart-on-sleeve emotions a fan might have if they were playing for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I love Vincent's reactions - the glee when he scores a goal; the anguish when he just misses. They're the kind of heart-on-sleeve emotions a fan might have if they were playing for the club.
    Yeah, they really want it, have done since the first game at Barnet - all 11 congratulate the scorers

Team spirit is so much better than this time last year. Compare with just a few months ago, only Woots and a couple of others could be bothered with the congrats (4:27)

Not so long ago, from a camera far, far away..............

10 mins of highlights:

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast