+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Dagenham and Redbridge 27.11.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    You may think it’s funny, I have read them and tbh his comments whatever he thinks are worth more than yours sat behind your PC mocking people pretending you know what’s going off, try getting out to a match or two this season.
    If you have ever read the handbags thread, you will know it's definitely 'a match' and not two this season.

The conditions down the lane were bitterly cold this evening with a swirling wind. The game was quite a frustrating one to watch I thought with lots of stop starts and the referee played a part in that. Likewise Notts general play was breaking down at times and this was in general. Also I thought we let Dagenham control the game too much and were a bit passive and they looked more sharper. I think this run of seven league games plus the two cup games against Rochdale caught up with us.

The problem we have is that when we are good we look really good, but when we are not at our best and our passing play breaks down it can be frustrating. I still think that as fans of Notts County in tier 5 its hard to accept that these are tier five players and as good as some of them are for this level they are not all going to be putting in 8 , 9 out of 10 performances each week.

What we did do is get the three points and that's all that mattered in the end and all that will matter come the end of the season is the amount of points we have. So if we can be a bit off the boil and not at our best and win games then that is a positive.

The last seven league games against Stockport, Bromley, Grimsby, Solihull, Eastleigh, Boreham Wood and Dagenham is about the toughest run we can have this season. We have picked up 14 points so that is 2 points per game and that's what's required to win the title. So overall and having a bit of perspective we are doing really well and are keeping in touch with Cheaterfurlough.

The next run of seven games are now a perfect opportunity for us to do what title winning teams do and beat the lesser sides and push on towards top spot.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 27-11-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Even though the BBC reports of our formation are a constant source of amusement to me, they have surpassed themselves tonight on a game that was on live tv ffs! Their line up has us only starting with ten players, presumably someone forgot to add the name of Parsons to their lottery balls. They then say we played a 4-4-2 formation with Cameron at right back, Roberts in central defence, and Rawlinson partnering Wootton up front!!!!! I know we are at the arse end of the leagues, but surely fans deserve better than this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59357205

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    After finally thawing out I'm not sure what to make of that game to be honest. I think we just about deserved the three points on the basis that we had better chances than them, and while it was hardly a win that shouted promotion, it was still a much needed win. I might try some player ratings tomorrow, but can anyone who watched on Sky tell me how Ruben missed that header? Me and most around me were on our feet celebrating the goal when he made contact, but he put it a couple of yards wide. Did it look like the ball was held up by the wind or was it just a really bad miss?
    Just a really bad miss Elite. He had time to control the ball if he wanted to he was in that much space with the keeper rooted to the line. Instead he managed to head it a few yards wide. It wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    You may think it’s funny, I have read them and tbh his comments whatever he thinks are worth more than yours sat behind your PC mocking people pretending you know what’s going off, try getting out to a match or two this season and seeing what’s happening on the pitch in reality you may have a different view then, if you read the first few pages you’ll see people aren’t happy with what’s been served up this season. Non attendees mocking supporters who attend game isn’t on.
    I’ve been to all the games bar one, luckily Woking and I would say we’ve been served up a lot worse, when we’re good I.e Stockport we look fantastic but when we’re not quite at it like today it can show up more because we’re trying to play football and it’s more glaring when passes go astray and the tempos not quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Just a really bad miss Elite. He had time to control the ball if he wanted to he was in that much space with the keeper rooted to the line. Instead he managed to head it a few yards wide. It wasn't even close.
    Not really much defence, although it looked like the ball dipped a bit just before he headed it.

A lesson to take from yesterday's game? How important it is to have creation from the wing-back positions. We'd be looking at another 2pts dropped if it wasn't for Roberts' peach of a cross from the right-hand side.

Wot do they say in footy? "sign of a good side that can grind out a win" when not playing well. That's what we did last night. Lets be honest, apart from Cameron, any of the rest could have been subbed. Deffo need a goalie, 6yd box a big weakness

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Really interested in IB’s comments that he thought we were good first half whereas, from where I sat in my warm and cosy lounge, I thought, after a bright start by Notts, Daggers were the better team in that period and fully deserved their equaliser. IB seemed less impressed with our 2nd half display when I thought we were the better team and overall just about deserved the three points. Don’t think Cal had one of his better games but what a superb delivery for KW to dispatch. The lad kept trying to the end and, to me, that summed up Notts’ performance. I hope the team can now have a well deserved break and come back refreshed for the task ahead.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast