+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Just looked manager must have settled for a point putting Wood on for Ogbene. No Sadlier on bench?

Two tough away games at Ipswich and Oxford and we collect 4 points. That is great form and well done to the team.

Lets keep the momentum going, on paper December looks an easier run with three home league games from five. However the last thing we need now is any sort of complacency. UTM

As mentioned above, well done to the lads for 4 points from this week. A big contrast in our play between the 2 halves. First half we were quick passing our way through them, great tempo of passing and running, a joy to watch. After the first 15 mins of 2nd half we lost ability to pass either through them coming into it or conditions worsening or both. A huge contrast but we went back to long balling it and didn't look like scoring.

Horrible conditions and as they came into it in the last 15 and put us under pressure it was good to see the other half of our game, a tight back line given a proper work out and standing up to the challenge. Very important of the front part are misfiring, and thekind of stuff promotion teams are made of. But looking behind us, we've some very tough competition, and will do very, very well to stay in the top 2.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    As mentioned above, well done to the lads for 4 points from this week. A big contrast in our play between the 2 halves. First half we were quick passing our way through them, great tempo of passing and running, a joy to watch. After the first 15 mins of 2nd half we lost ability to pass either through them coming into it or conditions worsening or both. A huge contrast but we went back to long balling it and didn't look like scoring.

Horrible conditions and as they came into it in the last 15 and put us under pressure it was good to see the other half of our game, a tight back line given a proper work out and standing up to the challenge. Very important of the front part are misfiring, and thekind of stuff promotion teams are made of. But looking behind us, we've some very tough competition, and will do very, very well to stay in the top 2.

UTM
    RP, and so do the rest of the league have tough competition to face. So long as we stay injury free and no one banned then we have a great chance to keep in the top 6 as a bare minimum.

It is a very good league this season and we knew it would be tough but, so far we are making a good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    RP, and so do the rest of the league have tough competition to face. So long as we stay injury free and no one banned then we have a great chance to keep in the top 6 as a bare minimum.

It is a very good league this season and we knew it would be tough but, so far we are making a good job of it.
    Add to that the lottery of the January transfer window
    Last edited by Brin; 27-11-2021 at 08:16 PM.

…..For all.

NB. Apologies Grist as it looks like I’ve edited your previous post when I haven’t. I entered your post by mistake and once I do that it shows as an edit.
    Last edited by Brin; 27-11-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    …..For all.

NB. Apologies Grist as it looks like I’ve edited your previous post when I haven’t. I entered your post by mistake and once I do that it shows as an edit.

Editing coach required

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    On September 11th, the day of the Fleetwood defeat we were in the bottom half of the table (13th) having P6 W3 L3 F7 A7 GD0.

Since then we've P13 W8 D5 L0 F27 A6 GD21 and we're top despite our defensive difficulties
    Just goes to prove what a difference a defensive coach makes.......oh 😉

😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just goes to prove what a difference a defensive coach makes.......oh ��
    They’ve obviously been working on it, or maybe PW has just fluked it?

Defending from the front, a full team effort, it wasn’t like that before

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast