+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positives from today

Positives from today

Howay then. let's do this.

We were a lot more organised.
    Shelvey offered a lot more than he has for a long while.
    Ritchie can't play in the next game.

Erm...

Struggling now, like. Help me out.

Lascelles can't play either can he ?

Dubravka was good. Shelvey was decent. Willock was ok. Joelinton and Wilson worked their socks off.

Ritchie and Lascelles must be replaced as soon as possible. Thankfully Ritchie cant play the next game, due to yellow cards so thats also positive.

Aye, good point about Dubravka. Funny, though, cos I thought Willock was poor.

Norwich and Leeds didn't win, Burnley probably won't tomorrow.

Next two games are winnable, both 6 pointers against relegation rivals.

We are a week closer to the window and today should highlight to the new owners that January needs to be a busy month in the transfer market.

It is quite sad to say that a positive is others didn't win.

Although, annoying that Norwich picked up a point.

I thought we played well, you can see what Howe is attempting but he doesn't have the personel not fitness of current personel to do so.

We are desperately in need of reinforcements and we're desperately in need of still being in touch come Jan, because gaps are beginning to open up.

I'm still confident we'll stay up but it's a bit nervous viewing the table at the minute

I was disappointed in Howe's team selection.

Leeds didn’t win.

We should have attacked more…. ….need the ball to do that, mind. Ar’senal kept the ball on the grass much more than we did. That makes it much easier to increase possession. We pass the ball backwards with great precision and then sky it straight back to the oppo.

Hopefully, a positive is he recognised the urgency of the need to unlearn that dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I was disappointed in Howe's team selection.
    What would you have done different, apart from Lewis for Ritchie?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    What would you have done different, apart from Lewis for Ritchie?
    Krafth, Lascelles and Ritchie out, Manquillo, Fernandez and Lewis in. Lascelles for me should not be wearing the armband either, much rather see Dubs, Wilson or Fernandez in that role. Look, I'm happy with Howe in charge and he's still feeling his way with players but for me the team he picked against Arsenal could have been better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)