+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxime Biamou

Maxime Biamou

We signed Max at a time when everybody knew we needed a striker, where is he, he has NEVER started a game and he wasn't even in the squad today, If he is actually ****e then I understand it but if that's the case Tony needs a f****** hard look at himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    We signed Max at a time when everybody knew we needed a striker, where is he, he has NEVER started a game and he wasn't even in the squad today, If he is actually ****e then I understand it but if that's the case Tony needs a f****** hard look at himself.
    He scored a great goal on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    He must be sh1te as Courts isn't daft. There is no way he would play Clark if we had anyone even half decent who could play there. Hopefully pull a good signing out the bag in January as a fit McNulty is brutal as well. Courts has done some job with no striker, lets give him one and wel bag top 6 no bother

The coverntry fans seemed to rate it him and apparently he gives 110% every game.

Dissapointed it hasn't started too well for him. Didn't exactly start great for Shanks in Belgium. These things happen in football i guess.

I suspect it is going to take tome to get his fitness up

To be fair, consider Appere's contribution last weekend as a sub, compared to Max's contributions as a sub and you can see why Appere is getting the nod ahead of him.

When you get a chance, even if its just 15-20 minutes you have to take advantage of it

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    The coverntry fans seemed to rate it him and apparently he gives 110% every game.

Dissapointed it hasn't started too well for him. Didn't exactly start great for Shanks in Belgium. These things happen in football i guess.
    I see him as a short-term backup signing.

From the clips I've seen of him, he looks like the type of player that needs time and space. He'll just not get that in this league. Besides, he's never been a prolific goalscorer.

He's not what we need IMO. We need a proper striker/goal thief that will find the space and a clinical touch in front of goal.

We can't afford a 'known' quantity in terms of the required criteria. So I hope we can use our excellent targeting recruitment strategy to get someone from 'left-field' who turns our to be a star.

Can't help but speculate how Shanks would have fared under TC's new style. I reckon he would have loved it and be hitting the back of the net regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I see him as a short-term backup signing.

From the clips I've seen of him, he looks like the type of player that needs time and space. He'll just not get that in this league. Besides, he's never been a prolific goalscorer.

He's not what we need IMO. We need a proper striker/goal thief that will find the space and a clinical touch in front of goal.

We can't afford a 'known' quantity in terms of the required criteria. So I hope we can use our excellent targeting recruitment strategy to get someone from 'left-field' who turns our to be a star.

Can't help but speculate how Shanks would have fared under TC's new style. I reckon he would have loved it and be hitting the back of the net regularly.
    Still not enough box delivery in this team. He may have struggled again.

I do remember him rattlin' about 12 in the first half in about 3 minutes against us at the ET stand, wonder what system they were playing that day , hmmmmmmm

I actually agree, don't think Shanks would score a ton of goals in this side, I think he is a better version of Nicky Clark, but would suffer same problems, i.e. getting isolated, and not having pace/strength, not enough bodies around. We've improved defensively and are a lot better on the eye, but I still think we struggle to get the team up the park, whether that is having 2-3 pacey players to take the ball up the park or get in behind with a couple of passes, or a big man to hold the ball up. It feels like from open play we don't have much option but to try and score perfect passing goals, that's a lot easier to do from starting midway inside the opponents half with bit of space than having to try and pass through entire teams from the back.

Wonder if Max might have been in managers thoughts for midweek match v Mwell as they are very physical. Is it a bit strange he has figured so rarely.

He is injured

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)