+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The reason we are being relegated

The reason we are being relegated

The owners have realised that they can make more money selling average League one players to Championship clubs for £2~3 mill than they will ever do trying to sell our lower/relegation standard Championship players.
    They realise that the “take” in the Championship is harder

If the club is relegated then the owners lose £££millions.
    And ST sales will drop to nearly half.
    No way do the owners want to be relegated.

But it’s confusing trying to understand the owners strategy in trying to stay in the Championship.

You would think - that under the current disaster of this season - the owners would implement a salvage plan.
    Employ someone like Warnock with a contract until the end of the season - with a bonus payment if the club stays up.
    And in the meantime negotiate an agreement with Asbaghi to manage the club from the start of next season.

If the club does get relegated - it’s for one reason and for one reason only - and that’s the instruction from the directors to change how the team plays.
    And that sort of links into the disastrous signing of Obbi.
    The directors could take a chance on Obbi because there wasn’t really a desperate need for a replacement for Dike (target striker) - as the direct style of play had been dumped.

Instead of implementing steady changes to how the team plays over a season - the directors decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Barnsley deserves to be relegated when directors are making decision like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The owners have realised that they can make more money selling average League one players to Championship clubs for £2~3 mill than they will ever do trying to sell our lower/relegation standard Championship players.
    They realise that the “take” in the Championship is harder
    Not disagreeing with you Jules but they are £6m down straight away with Sky tv revenue .

ST sales next season are going to take a reight hit not because the club got relegated as most have re-newed in the past when weve gone down .

But because fans have woken up to the fact that the owners are ripping the pyss out of us and it's fatal to do that with Barnsley folk .

The reason this season is such a disaster in my opinion is a collection of things .

The culture at the club and it's lack of ambition led to key people leaving in the summer who weren't adequately replaced is at the heart of it .

If ever there was an opportunity to invest and build on last season then it was in the summer which may have persuaded Val or even Mowatt to stay .

I made a number of posts on here prior to last season which more or less trashed this self sustainably model without investment going in initially .

Self sustainably at championship level just doesn't work with a club of our size which isn't to say I want us run like Reading , Derby or Wednesday either .

Some fans are comfortable with it and that's fine but don't expect the club to return to the championship or even establish itself anytime soon .

The next few seasons could be very rocky in my opinion with gates cut by half and even less money to sustain the club with .

Reading across the social media platforms supporters of decades standing aren't attending next season and many aren't attending now even though they've paid for their ST .

You can see the connection with the club slipping away and once people stop going it's extremely hard to attract them back , we saw this before when that great 80's side broke up and the subsequent miners strike , the club lost 10k fans and it took a promotion to the PL to get them back .

In March of that promotion season to the PL only 6k fans turned up for a home game against Swindon when we sat third playing some of the best football we'd ever seen .

Many of us are old enough to know our core support isn't 10k it's 5k .

Staying in league one next season maybe as good as it gets .

Reason for being Relegated ?
    Not good enough .

Club's rotten from Top to bottom ,
    I've reached the stage of I don't really care anymore ,

I'd also suggest quite a few players are still dining out on last season's fifth placed finish .

Many think it's only a question of time before the results start improving and it's everybody else's fault bar their own .

Well I've got news for many of them , the performances this season have been absolute rubbish and unless they start playing and fighting with the same intensity as last season then many of them will end up playing the rest of their careers out in the lower leagues and not the bigger bucks up the football food chain .

The really disappointing thing for me is that this under 24 policy was supposed to give us young and hungry footballers who wanted to improve and progress .

What we have today is a bunch of spoiled brats feeling sorry for themselves because no bugga up the football food chain bought them in the summer .

Without hard graft you are nothing and you are proving that fact every week .