+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Sport Would You Liked To Have Made It At ?

Which Sport Would You Liked To Have Made It At ?

Other than football .

It has to be a tour golf pro for me , travelling the world all year round playing the best courses in the world where the majority of the time it's warm and out in the fresh air .

You don't even have to win every week to make a good living either .

I'm sure there must be a downside somewhere but for the life in me I can't see one .

Golf for all the reasons you've stated.

Same for me , I actually thought I was pretty good , played for Barnsley GC on many occasions , Yorkshire twice , having got down to single figures I thought I could get even better ? I soon found out how hard it was competing on a regular basis with some exceptional fellow golfer's , the enjoyment left me and my game sadly, I admire anyone who makes the grade , those that do make the full tour's are in a totally different class, I still enjoy the game and have been privileged to have played the finest courses in Europe ,
    I'm also still a member of Waterton Park GC too,
    Love the Game ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Same for me , I actually thought I was pretty good , played for Barnsley GC on many occasions , Yorkshire twice , having got down to single figures I thought I could get even better ? I soon found out how hard it was competing on a regular basis with some exceptional fellow golfer's , the enjoyment left me and my game sadly, I admire anyone who makes the grade , those that do make the full tour's are in a totally different class, I still enjoy the game and have been privileged to have played the finest courses in Europe ,
    I'm also still a member of Waterton Park GC too,
    Love the Game ♥
    I went to a couple of Open Championships years ago at Lytham and Birkdale and I was advised to watch the pro's on the practice area before they went out .

The year I went to Lytham was when Woosnam was in the lead in the last round and his caddy put one too many clubs in his bag !!!! .

I'm glad I did because you can see from the position sat high behind the players just how good they are .

The way they work and shape the ball is incredible not to mention the length they hit the ball .

But the short game is what sorts the wheat from the chaff especially at amateur level , getting up and down from the edge of the green and only two putting .

What we don't see with tour golfers is how much they practice , hours and hours .

There's the mental side too of the game , how many times do we see players blowing up with the major prize in sight ? , Greg Norman at the 96 Masters when Faldo won his third green jacket , I actually felt for Greg that day , it was painful to watch .

Don't get me started on Jean Van De Velde though , to be honest I just thought he was an idiot and I had little sympathy for him .

He could have hit four seven irons and two putts and still won with a couple of shots .

I haven't played for a few years now and I really should get back in to it , it would do me good even though I'm not that great at it .

Cricket for me , it is basically only played at the top level in the spring / summer weather & if you follow cricket all over the world all year long you will also be following the sun , got to be good .

Curling……. Not much running involved! Or Crown Green Bowls ( just learning this now as it’s summat you can do till your well old if you can bend and walk…... !

Seriously though….. I’m not a runner, but loved cycling when younger, so a Pro Road Cyclist would be amazing… Tour De France mountain stage win just once please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Curling……. Not much running involved! Or Crown Green Bowls ( just learning this now as it’s summat you can do till your well old if you can bend and walk…... !

Seriously though….. I’m not a runner, but loved cycling when younger, so a Pro Road Cyclist would be amazing… Tour De France mountain stage win just once please.
    Amazing fitness to be a pro road cyclist Jules , drug free I might add .

I'm a Velodrome man to be totally honest when it comes to bikes .

Chris Hoy , Jason Jenny and Laura Trott were and are amazing athletes .

Jason Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Amazing fitness to be a pro road cyclist Jules , drug free I might add .

I'm a Velodrome man to be totally honest when it comes to bikes .

Chris Hoy , Jason Jenny and Laura Trott were and are amazing athletes .
    Mind boggling just how fit these cycling people are. The endurance required is something else in the tour de France and other similar events. The only time I really watch it is the Olympics velodrome. I did watch bits of the tour de Yorkshire and also when the TDF came to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

arr reccun thas gorra fetish for lycra! SBs same follorin Harry Gration n that lass ontha bike trips, durtee sod's !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast