+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield United

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    From the perspective of their league position at the time that was a bargain

Such is the absurdity of football in the top flight
    2 in 24 games. Liverpool have the first dibs on him being sold, I'd be in touch with them and take a loss and sell him back for 15 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    2 in 24 games. Liverpool have the first dibs on him being sold, I'd be in touch with them and take a loss and sell him back for 15 or so.
    The main problem with that is why would Liverpool want to buy him back when he can't even score in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The main problem with that is why would Liverpool want to buy him back when he can't even score in the Championship?
    To sell him to another club where he will score every other week

He scored plenty for Swansea(?) in the Championship a couple of years ago. He was on loan from Liverpool that season. When the Blades signed him they were in the Premier league and he'd not scored in that league for any team. Why he was suddenly worth £23M baffles me. If he was really worth that why didn't Liverpool keep him........?? Someone taking the wee here........

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think they’ve realised that a drop out of the Championship is more likely than a return to the Premiership

So they are consolidating on their set up and wage structure

Trying not to “ do a Derby”
    I can't imagine the payoffs to the sacked manager and his staff would have amounted to much more than £4 million.
    I wonder where the first lump of the parachute payment went. Isn't it something like £40 million in the first year?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I can't imagine the payoffs to the sacked manager and his staff would have amounted to much more than £4 million.
    I wonder where the first lump of the parachute payment went. Isn't it something like £40 million in the first year?
    I think it will be more than that if he had a 3 year contract and don't forget the whopping £7,000,000 they paid Wilder, that's what I was referencing to.

It was muted by someone at Liverpool (Klopp?), he was extra special and that's why they would like him back if he became available.
    Obviously think a lot of him to have that put in as part of the contract to sell him in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12