+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Dagenham

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He was just as poor in the first half against Grimsby. He’s not having a good time atm. Let’s hope the 2 weeks off does him good. To be fair, although we had a near enough full strength starting 11 yesterday, there was very little on the bench to bring on.

Lots of attention on the players who may be going out in Jan, but I certainly hope we’re giving a lot of attention to bringing in players who will genuinely threaten that starting 11. We’re light in quite a few positions.
    I know it’s very very early days but I dont see Parsons adding anything to our squad. Harsh but another young loanee I can’t see working out. I hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good post. IMO the quality on the bench is ok and pretty much in line with what’s on the pitch. The issues are we’re light on numbers and missing 3 players 1) RWB 2) CB cover, we have good quality there but can’t trust them to be durable and this has been really costly so far 3) extra physical option in midfield - 2 of our strikers could go out on loan to make space, if that’s what it takes. The 3 in could all be loanees. And hopefully none of our stars will leave in Jan
    If Wooton gets injured or banned we are in sh-t street.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If Wooton gets injured or banned we are in sh-t street.
    Don't believe so, any minor injury or short suspension in the 2nd half of the season would just allow him to refresh. I think he'd benefit from a breather rather than being ground into the dirt every single game we play.

Palmer and Knight should be on loan leaving Mitchell and Sam as understudies - fine for me. There are loads of goals in our attacking midfielders so I think there are other areas to strengthen before bringing in another striker.

Any significant injury would be another story - which team wouldn't be hurt by the loss of its leading scorer?
    That, or him being sold, would mean dipping into the market, if only to have another shot of having someone to get the goals we'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I know it’s very very early days but I dont see Parsons adding anything to our squad. Harsh but another young loanee I can’t see working out. I hope he proves me wrong.
    Thought he was ok on Saturday seems confident for a youngster.

Looks like he is in as cover for Nemane so if he puts in 6/10 performances guess he is doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Don't believe so, any minor injury or short suspension in the 2nd half of the season would just allow him to refresh. I think he'd benefit from a breather rather than being ground into the dirt every single game we play.

Palmer and Knight should be on loan leaving Mitchell and Sam as understudies - fine for me. There are loads of goals in our attacking midfielders so I think there are other areas to strengthen before bringing in another striker.

Any significant injury would be another story - which team wouldn't be hurt by the loss of its leading scorer?
    That, or him being sold, would mean dipping into the market, if only to have another shot of having someone to get the goals we'd need.
    We don't have a ready replacement for Wootton in the squad, and the one thing we have learned the hard way over the years is that it's very hard to bring in a good striker on loan during the season (other than Wootton himself, strangely enough).

With all the talk of players being sold in January, the one thing I'd hope is that - barring silly money being offered - we only let one of our main assets go (if they want to go). We might - might - be able to replace Wootton's or Rodrigues' goals, but I can't see us being able to make up for both of them departing midway through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We don't have a ready replacement for Wootton in the squad, and the one thing we have learned the hard way over the years is that it's very hard to bring in a good striker on loan during the season (other than Wootton himself, strangely enough).

With all the talk of players being sold in January, the one thing I'd hope is that - barring silly money being offered - we only let one of our main assets go (if they want to go). We might - might - be able to replace Wootton's or Rodrigues' goals, but I can't see us being able to make up for both of them departing midway through the season.
    I think with Rodrigues, we’re protected by his contract and that recent article said it has a ‘healthy’ release clause in, so I suspect with him we’ll say we aren’t interested in selling but if someone meets that clause there’s nothing we can do.

Wootton is more complicated because he can walk for free in the summer and seems to have concrete interest from Portsmouth. That’s not just a move back into the league, but a really big club pushing for promotion to the Championship. If they came in with a decent bid (low six figures, probably), we would have to at least think very hard about it.

It could be that Portsmouth want or need someone in January and if Notts play hard ball will look elsewhere. It seems to revolve more around if Notts are happy to suffer a loss of a fee on Wootton by letting his contract run down. I feel sure, especially if he retains some form, there will be other suitors in the summer.

Lose Wootton and you can put any idea's about promotion out of your heads.

Infact either of Wootton or Rodrigues

IF one left in January and IF whoever leaves wasn't adequately replaced with just as good then I'd go along with that summary regarding promotion.

But two big IFs until someone actually goes I'm not too interested let alone concerned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast