+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Dagenham

Player ratings v Dagenham

Slocombe 6.5 - I haven't seen any highlights, so I don't know if he was caught in no mans land for their goal or whether it was down to poor marking. He doesn't seem to command his box, but he did make some good saves.
    Brindley 6 - did a fair job defensively, didn't get forward like he sometimes does.
    Lacey 6 - a pretty standard performance.
    Cameron 7.5* - led by example, some really good runs out of defence and always looking for the forward pass.
    Parsons 6 - played ok considering he came in late, could be useful.
    Roberts 6.5 - still not quite the player of last season, but showed his quality when it mattered.
    Palmer 6.5 - a few more misplaced passes than usual, but still had a decent game.
    Vincent 6 - I like what he adds to the midfield, but a few heavy touches let him down.
    Taylor 7 - did what a wing back should do, helped out at the back and offered a forward threat.
    Rodrigues 6 - not his day, missed one decent chance and one really good chance, but at least he was in the right position.
    Wootton 6.5 - struggled to get involved early on, but grew into the game and took his chance well.

O'Brien 6 - not a lot came off for him, but his introduction seemed to give us a bit extra.
    Francis n/a
    Mitchell n/a

A very welcome three points despite not being entirely convincing. We've come through some tough looking fixtures quite well, now we have to take advantage of what looks like a few easier games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Slocombe 6.5 - I haven't seen any highlights, so I don't know if he was caught in no mans land for their goal or whether it was down to poor marking. He doesn't seem to command his box, but he did make some good saves.
    Brindley 6 - did a fair job defensively, didn't get forward like he sometimes does.
    Lacey 6 - a pretty standard performance.
    Cameron 7.5* - led by example, some really good runs out of defence and always looking for the forward pass.
    Parsons 6 - played ok considering he came in late, could be useful.
    Roberts 6.5 - still not quite the player of last season, but showed his quality when it mattered.
    Palmer 6.5 - a few more misplaced passes than usual, but still had a decent game.
    Vincent 6 - I like what he adds to the midfield, but a few heavy touches let him down.
    Taylor 7 - did what a wing back should do, helped out at the back and offered a forward threat.
    Rodrigues 6 - not his day, missed one decent chance and one really good chance, but at least he was in the right position.
    Wootton 6.5 - struggled to get involved early on, but grew into the game and took his chance well.

O'Brien 6 - not a lot came off for him, but his introduction seemed to give us a bit extra.
    Francis n/a
    Mitchell n/a

A very welcome three points despite not being entirely convincing. We've come through some tough looking fixtures quite well, now we have to take advantage of what looks like a few easier games.
    Pretty much agreed, except I’d probably bump Roberts up one. Put in a surprisingly competent defensive shift when he got moved to wing back and ultimately came up with the moment of real quality that won the game for us.

Yeah, i'd agree with those ratings. I'd also take a point off JOB and give it to Roberts. Agree Roberts is not quite the player he was last season, but the quality of his deliveries were superb and it did look like if anyone was going to change the game it would be him. As for JOB, i thought he was atrocious when he came on and his only contribution seemed to be giving the ball away - on two occasions, it could have cost us.
    Last edited by Robertomac; 28-11-2021 at 08:55 PM.

I’m a massive fan of JOB and normally defend him to the hilt. I thought the game was screaming out for him yesterday but have to say it wasn’t his best performance. The only defence I can come up with on his behalf is that he has been out with illness for a few weeks. That said there were a couple of moments where he was on it with his third man runs but the delivery was just too slow. Either way he really wasn’t at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I’m a massive fan of JOB and normally defend him to the hilt. I thought the game was screaming out for him yesterday but have to say it wasn’t his best performance. The only defence I can come up with on his behalf is that he has been out with illness for a few weeks. That said there were a couple of moments where he was on it with his third man runs but the delivery was just too slow. Either way he really wasn’t at his best.
    That's why I like these player rating threads, because they give me an idea of whether I saw a similar game to the rest or not, so the more the merrier. Some good points made on both Roberts and JOB. One thing I try hard to do when giving these ratings is to base them entirely on what I see on the day rather than any pre-conceived opinions. I even made David Vaughan man of the match once! JOB was especially difficult to rate because some of his passes were way off the mark, but he did get instantly involved and we seemed to pose more of an attacking threat when he came on. Maybe a point for Burchnall for an astute tactical switch.

He was just as poor in the first half against Grimsby. He’s not having a good time atm. Let’s hope the 2 weeks off does him good. To be fair, although we had a near enough full strength starting 11 yesterday, there was very little on the bench to bring on.

Lots of attention on the players who may be going out in Jan, but I certainly hope we’re giving a lot of attention to bringing in players who will genuinely threaten that starting 11. We’re light in quite a few positions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Lots of attention on the players who may be going out in Jan, but I certainly hope we’re giving a lot of attention to bringing in players who will genuinely threaten that starting 11. We’re light in quite a few positions.
    True. While it's not the bloated and unbalanced squad we've seen far too often in the past, it doesn't have the depth of what I would consider a promotion squad. We are better off than most in our division, but we need a bit more to compete with the best.

The guy has been out ill for a while and it takes times to come back and be up to speed..

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True. While it's not the bloated and unbalanced squad we've seen far too often in the past, it doesn't have the depth of what I would consider a promotion squad. We are better off than most in our division, but we need a bit more to compete with the best.
    From afar, it looks like we're lacking decent options from the bench in midfield and up front, though we've also been unlucky in getting batches of injuries in certain areas at the same time (the three centre halves missing against Altrincham; Lacey having to come back before he was fully fit against Woking; both DKE and Nemane out on Saturday).

We'll have a chance to give the likes of Sam, Mitchell and Francis 90 minutes in the third round of the FA Trophy on December 18. But unless Knight is fit again (he has become the forgotten man this year due to his injuries, though the fact IB was trying him out as a RWB before he got injured in pre-season suggests he doesn't see him as an attacking option), that's pretty much it. No idea if we have any youngsters who could do a job (Palmer is on loan at Melton, so at least he's getting game time), but the lack of any young players on the bench in the FA Cup would suggest not.

As for bringing players in, I see Patterson has only been on the bench for Sunderland since he went back there, so hopefully we can get him back again at some point in December (for the rest of the season?) if their second choice keeper is back from injury.

The good thing is it's not like we've got a heavy workload in December - just three league games. Made me smile when Leigh Curtis wrote at the weekend about our hectic Christmas schedule, which is basically Chesterfield on Dec 21, King's Lynn on Boxing Day and Wrexham on Jan. 2. I'd hope the players can manage that, especially if we rest the likes of Wootton, RR, Palmer, Cameron, Taylor and Cal Roberts in the FA Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    From afar, it looks like we're lacking decent options from the bench in midfield and up front, though we've also been unlucky in getting batches of injuries in certain areas at the same time (the three centre halves missing against Altrincham; Lacey having to come back before he was fully fit against Woking; both DKE and Nemane out on Saturday).

We'll have a chance to give the likes of Sam, Mitchell and Francis 90 minutes in the third round of the FA Trophy on December 18. But unless Knight is fit again (he has become the forgotten man this year due to his injuries, though the fact IB was trying him out as a RWB before he got injured in pre-season suggests he doesn't see him as an attacking option), that's pretty much it. No idea if we have any youngsters who could do a job (Palmer is on loan at Melton, so at least he's getting game time), but the lack of any young players on the bench in the FA Cup would suggest not.

As for bringing players in, I see Patterson has only been on the bench for Sunderland since he went back there, so hopefully we can get him back again at some point in December (for the rest of the season?) if their second choice keeper is back from injury.

The good thing is it's not like we've got a heavy workload in December - just three league games. Made me smile when Leigh Curtis wrote at the weekend about our hectic Christmas schedule, which is basically Chesterfield on Dec 21, King's Lynn on Boxing Day and Wrexham on Jan. 2. I'd hope the players can manage that, especially if we rest the likes of Wootton, RR, Palmer, Cameron, Taylor and Cal Roberts in the FA Trophy.
    Good post. IMO the quality on the bench is ok and pretty much in line with what’s on the pitch. The issues are we’re light on numbers and missing 3 players 1) RWB 2) CB cover, we have good quality there but can’t trust them to be durable and this has been really costly so far 3) extra physical option in midfield - 2 of our strikers could go out on loan to make space, if that’s what it takes. The 3 in could all be loanees. And hopefully none of our stars will leave in Jan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast