I think his time is almost up. The honeymoon is well and truly over. It seems he believes his own press..."eccentric genius at work" etc. His arrogance at playing players out of position, insisting on a small squad, relying on Bamford as a number 1,2 and 3 striker, illogical obsession with Roberts, refusal to freshen the squad, poor use of substitutes, continually conceding goals from set pieces, etc was all seen as an eccentric loveable genius doing what only he could get away with. But not so now. Something is just not right. We play well and lose. We play bad and lose (or get a draw occasionally). Other teams have figured the Bielsa code, and they don't need an Enigma decoder for that. There is no code anymore, it's just the same high energy game or crap. Thank you Mr Bielsa for the last two seasons, but if we get relegated this season, that is what you will be remembered by.
I have been stuck overseas for 6 months, unable to get home due to the covid hysteria, mostly on a cargo ship with limited internet access, so I don't get to read all the media stories. I may be a million miles off the truth. But that has been the trend of my thinking. We all know the players over-achieved last season. This team is top half Championship, NOT top half Premier League. In the close season we heard stories how business would be done early etc so new players could learn the Leeds system. Well, from memory Firpo came in and has been awful. Noah Lang will never come now. All talk as usual. Seems Leeds court a player until their price goes up, then can't afford them, then make do with Roberts. If it can't be turned around by new year, we are in big trouble with falling confidence and morale. Hope I'm wrong.