+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumour has it

We were told when Val took over that any player who didn't toe the line would be out. No different to Gary Megson who froze out Sneeke, Marshall and finally Taylor.
    A manager is paid to manage and player's are paid to play. Imagine a bloke at work going into the managers office and saying he wasn't happy with the way the company was being run.
    How long would he last?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We were told when Val took over that any player who didn't toe the line would be out. No different to Gary Megson who froze out Sneeke, Marshall and finally Taylor.
    A manager is paid to manage and player's are paid to play. Imagine a bloke at work going into the managers office and saying he wasn't happy with the way the company was being run.
    How long would he last?
    Depends on how imperative that bloke is to the business.

If we had a striker banging in 30 goals a season, who was unhappy, we would be bending over backwards to placate him.

I agree with what you say but I’m sure that we have all, at some time in our working lives, had a manager with whom we didn’t agree with or just couldn’t get on with. We don’t actually know what Val is like to work for but if he is blindsiding anyone who dares to suggest a different way, we’ll, that may well upset players. Just because someone has the title of ‘manager’, doesn’t mean that they are always correct. It could just possibly be the setting in of a general malaise brought on by the Chinese hierarchy……!

FOL

Snodgrass,
    We have never really seen the best of him. Getting unjured etc and all in all its not worked out.
    He and Val dont see eye to eye ive been told and thats just part of life.
    Better he goes, no great loss and Lai will no doubt cheer if he does get him of the wage bill.

We have all been saying that Val is one dimensional with his style and tactics, so maybe the players feel the same way? I’m sure that the players want to win matches but if the HC is using them in what they feel is the most effective way, then they will become frustrated. No different to us being frustrated by a manager refusing to do something that would be beneficial to the work that we were doing; he may be the manager/head coach but that doesn’t mean that he is automatically always in the right (Brian Clough he ain’t)!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I agree with what you say but I’m sure that we have all, at some time in our working lives, had a manager with whom we didn’t agree with or just couldn’t get on with. We don’t actually know what Val is like to work for but if he is blindsiding anyone who dares to suggest a different way, we’ll, that may well upset players. Just because someone has the title of ‘manager’, doesn’t mean that they are always correct. It could just possibly be the setting in of a general malaise brought on by the Chinese hierarchy……!

FOL

I managed a Sunday League side of a fair standard in my early 40’s and we’d been together a long time and were good mates both off and on the pitch.

BUT.......as manager I chose the tactics etc and was very vocal on the touch line and this didn’t always go down well.

Our centre half and captan called me a c u n t during one match and another lad had to be held back from chinning me!

On a personal basis they both had very good grounds for their actions but from a team perspective they were both out of order, they were only getting a b o l l o c k I n g due to deciding they were Bobby Moore and overplaying at the back.

Later we laughed about it and 20 years on a lot of the lads still refer to me as “gaffer” and say I was the best Sunday League manager they had which is nice.

I was somewhat of an Alex Ferguson in that I liked a rant but I wasn’t as good a player as most of my squad! 😏🤣

This does leave you open to being called a c u n t at times! 😏

We have all been saying that Val is one dimensional with his style and tactics, so maybe the players feel the same way? I’m sure that the players want to win matches but if the HC is using them in what they feel is the most effective way, then they will become frustrated. No different to us being frustrated by a manager refusing to do something that would be beneficial to the work that we were doing; he may be the manager/head coach but that doesn’t mean that he is automatically always in the right (Brian Clough he ain’t)!
    Just noticed that I missed a word out; ‘not’, in respect of the players not being used in what they feel is the most effective way! Makes rather a difference to the meaning of the post!

Tough s hit. They're paid very well to do a job the way their manager wants it done. So just bloody do it. Stop whinging, stop belly aching and get on and do it. Self entitled, pampered fannies.

Is the style pleasing on the eye? No, but then the League table will be less than pleasing on the eye too if the players don't get their fingers out.

How many times do we have to go through the process of some of these overpaid w@nkers going through the motions? As for Snodgrass what exactly has he brought to the table when played? Big fat fk all for the most part.

Pulis, Pardw@nk, Moore, and Bilic have all been seen off because of player indifference and now Ismael's inline for the treatment.

'It's ok lads, he'll be gone soon and it'll be safe to come back out again'. If they don't want to play for their manager they should hand in transfer requests and fk off somewhere more to their liking.

Albion till I die!

Let not forget that Pepe Mel tried to get our lads to play a pressing game and failed miserably.

Yes I agree they should do as they are told and it will be the manager who get the sack not the players.

Too many of our lot are having poor seasons even by their own standards
    Furlong, Diangana, and Ayai.
    Don’t blame Huge Nill as he has never had a decent season anyway.

Where is this energetic press these days anyway? i dont see it. Forest and Blackpool were better at it than us!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Tough s hit. They're paid very well to do a job the way their manager wants it done. So just bloody do it. Stop whinging, stop belly aching and get on and do it. Self entitled, pampered fannies.

Is the style pleasing on the eye? No, but then the League table will be less than pleasing on the eye too if the players don't get their fingers out.

How many times do we have to go through the process of some of these overpaid w@nkers going through the motions? As for Snodgrass what exactly has he brought to the table when played? Big fat fk all for the most part.

Pulis, Pardw@nk, Moore, and Bilic have all been seen off because of player indifference and now Ismael's inline for the treatment.

'It's ok lads, he'll be gone soon and it'll be safe to come back out again'. If they don't want to play for their manager they should hand in transfer requests and fk off somewhere more to their liking.

Albion till I die!
    Hear, hear - spot on! 👍

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)