+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumour has it

Signing him is another example of how badly we are run.

An absolutely non entity of a player who is injured more often than not.

If we had to loan him it should only have been us taking over his West ham contract until it expired in the summer.

Instead we gave him an 18 month contract, (followed by equally stupid extensions for Bartley and livermore).

All this we'll shift him in Jan is b ollox too as I can see us subsidise his wages to a large extent if some stupid bell end decides to take the injury prone pile or s hit.

Absolutely shocking mismanagement and indicative of our executive having no idea and bending down at the whim of any agents demands.

No foresight in anything to we do and similar to signing injury prone past it players like we did 30 odd years ago like phelan and Townsend (another vile p Rick who took the pi ss).

Apparently there is a protest against Lai at 1.30pm outside the East stand before the next home game against Reading.

Spread the word as this is the only way we are going to be rid of this cancer.

Just an outside looking in perspective. Player power is a cancer in football and has been for a few years. Maybe some players have difficulty in understanding the pecking order at the club they represent. Football is possibly the only industry where management is paid less than those below them.
    In general footballlers are a bunch of prima Donna’s who’ve lost touch with reality and struggle to take direction
    With big val it’s my way of the highway, and he will weedle those out who aren’t up for it - maybe this is your issue in recent years that stops you cementing a place in the pl

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Just an outside looking in perspective. Player power is a cancer in football and has been for a few years. Maybe some players have difficulty in understanding the pecking order at the club they represent. Football is possibly the only industry where management is paid less than those below them.
    In general footballlers are a bunch of prima Donna’s who’ve lost touch with reality and struggle to take direction
    With big val it’s my way of the highway, and he will weedle those out who aren’t up for it - maybe this is your issue in recent years that stops you cementing a place in the pl
    I'm not ITK but I believe player power, or rather self indulgent pansy power, is very definitely part of what's going on at the Albion.

We're also something of a rudderless ship who've appointed the self indulgent pansy power equivalent of Captain Blythe or whatever his name was (apparently).

We have actually got some decent players who still apply themselves. We also have others who seemingly don't like Captain Blythe and can't be @rsed.

W@nchors away and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I'm not ITK but I believe player power, or rather self indulgent pansy power, is very definitely part of what's going on at the Albion.

We're also something of a rudderless ship who've appointed the self indulgent pansy power equivalent of Captain Blythe or whatever his name was (apparently).

We have actually got some decent players who still apply themselves. We also have others who seemingly don't like Captain Blythe and can't be @rsed.

W@nchors away and all that.
    This is my point though and one I never get with footballers. Just because they don't like someone but have the ability but choose not to apply themselves, then they aren't worthy of a shirt are they? Basically they are using player power to try and get someone sacked. I can honestly say I would rather have someone with less ability who gave a sh!t and ran their blood to water every week, because frankly it boils my p!ss when I see people half heartedly not doing a simple job that they are paid very handsomely for.
    They trot out the 'fans pay their hard earned money...', yet do they not grasp that to earn their money in normal working life they would have to be a CEO of a bank etc. Lets be fair (allegedly) a footballer gets 1 gcse and they nickname them the professor

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    This is my point though and one I never get with footballers. Just because they don't like someone but have the ability but choose not to apply themselves, then they aren't worthy of a shirt are they? Basically they are using player power to try and get someone sacked. I can honestly say I would rather have someone with less ability who gave a sh!t and ran their blood to water every week, because frankly it boils my p!ss when I see people half heartedly not doing a simple job that they are paid very handsomely for.
    They trot out the 'fans pay their hard earned money...', yet do they not grasp that to earn their money in normal working life they would have to be a CEO of a bank etc. Lets be fair (allegedly) a footballer gets 1 gcse and they nickname them the professor
    You're spot on here Renno.

We had the "half a r s e d/lets take the p I s s" type player for many years until Gary Megson turned up in 2000 and brought in "proper" lads willing to give it everything.

I doubt there is the leadership at the top of our club to see the same happen again.

We need a new owner or to go bust and then start again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You're spot on here Renno.

We had the "half a r s e d/lets take the p I s s" type player for many years until Gary Megson turned up in 2000 and brought in "proper" lads willing to give it everything.

I doubt there is the leadership at the top of our club to see the same happen again.

We need a new owner or to go bust and then start again.
    I always think any manager coming into a club that has a culture of losing matches will take time (I dont mean that disrespectfully either as I support a team that has lost probably 60% of the games in its history), bt when the mindset is getting beat week in and week out, it will take time. You're now a team which is difficult to beat. Our season under Big Val really started to turn massively after the transfer window (After the Chelsea cup tie we went and won about 7 or 8 on the spin) and I really wouldnt be surprised to see any deficiencies your fans have highlighted , being addressed then.

I will guarantee that if you get promoted , all of the doom and gloom merchants will think he's the muts nuts and performances would be long forgotten. I actually think his style suits the PL more - what I bet you're finding is that sides change their entire system and way of playing to play you. I've said it before that when we had the chance to play football we played some decent stuff, I'm not saying for one minute we couldnt have played a bit more expansively and easier on the eye, but we got results and were unfancied. What he's up against at WBA is a bigger club and with that bigger expectation levels. What I think some fans need to understand is that you're a big scalp so straight away folk up their level

The irony now is that we're scrapping for life - and from what I've seen will get relegated - and we would take a few scrappy 1-0s to lift the gloom, yet fans were moaning about some of last seasons performances but we were winniing - who'd be a football manager eh??

Its unbelievable how some of our fans still won't give Val an ounce of credit, despite the fact that he took us to 5th in the table and the play offs.
    Ok the style of footy at times was awful to watch, and his lack of ideas and a plan B cost him and us in the end, as more teams started to work us out.
    But seeing as the current alternative for us is this pathetic attempt at staying up, Im sure most of us would take Val back now if we could.
    When things aren't going too well, be careful what you wish for, because things might get a whole lot worse. 😬

Can’t get much worse than having the Chinese tw@t of an owner that we are lumbered with.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Can’t get much worse than having the Chinese tw@t of an owner that we are lumbered with.
    FOL
    Do you want to swap your appalling owners with our appalling owners ? lol.
    Gone are the days of homegrown chairmen and owners who grew up watching on the terraces, and who are lifelong genuine fans.
    Sadly its a business to these modern day owners who are simply looking to make a profit (should I say 'allegedly' there!).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Do you want to swap your appalling owners with our appalling owners ? lol.
    Gone are the days of homegrown chairmen and owners who grew up watching on the terraces, and who are lifelong genuine fans.
    Sadly its a business to these modern day owners who are simply looking to make a profit (should I say 'allegedly' there!).
    We had one of those.

He came in saying he was a lifelong fan and was West Bromwich.

What he failed to tell us was that he was also an opportunistic, greedy charlatan who was going to implement one share scheme after another to slowly force the small shareholders to sell their long held shares to him, which he paid for with the million pound annual salary he paid himself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)