+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour has it

Rumour has it

Don’t shoot the messenger but you probably will 🙄

Apparently val has had a falling out with snodgrass Robinson ajayi and another unnamed player and snodgrass will be let go in January

Like I said just a rumour doing the rounds

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Don’t shoot the messenger but you probably will ��

Apparently val has had a falling out with snodgrass Robinson ajayi and another unnamed player and snodgrass will be let go in January

Like I said just a rumour doing the rounds
    Will we even notice if Snodgrass doesn't play for us again? Ajayi has also been poor this season i wander if the rumour was started by someone who wants Val out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Will we even notice if Snodgrass doesn't play for us again? Ajayi has also been poor this season i wander if the rumour was started by someone who wants Val out of the club.
    Like Viaduct you mean!?

It has been strange that Snodgrass hasn't even made the bench recently.

Given the performances by some of the players (though not all) of late, maybe it wouldn't be so much of a surprise if there has been some kind of falling out between them and Val over tactics/team selection or whatever. That said, whilst I used to quite like Snodgrass he hasn't really done much for us when he has played and surely a lot of this is simply because he is past his prime.

I also heard that same rumour when I went to the game on Friday night.

But it was a bit worse than that. Snodgrass is a popular member of the squad he's fallen out with, and he's not the only player. I also heard Val has lost the dressing room.

All rumours of course, but it appears from the outside looking in, that we do not have a happy camp.

The same source for this told me that Wilder was as good as appointed as manager in the summer though, so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by WBA123; 29-11-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

But it was a bit worse than that. Snodgrass is a popular member of the squad he's fallen out with, and he's not the only player. I also heard Val has lost the dressing room.

All rumours of course, but it appears from the outside looking in, that we do not have a happy camp.

The same source for this told me that Wilder was as good as appointed as manager in the summer though, so take it with a pinch of salt.
    I thought Wilder was the perfect man for the job tbh.

Express and Star reporting that Snodgrass has been told that he can leave in January and that VI has declined to give any reasons why. The story about the fall-out may well have something in it, then?

Looking at the poor performances of late, I wouldn't be surprised if there is unrest in the dressing room. I have to admit, that at present, the Albion isn't a good watch!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

Stuff his popularity in the dressing room. When called upon Snodgrass has been largely below par when played. As has the headless chicken otherwise known as Ajayi.

Robinson? I like him but he flatters to deceive and as for Grady he's shown all the balls of a bullock this season. Poor, poor little babies being expected to run. Time to get on with their jobs.

Snodgrass did well against a depleted Dingle side last season and an awful Bristol City this season in conjunction with Molumby until he ran out of steam after about 75 minutes.

He started the next three games and was pretty poor in each on both a personal and team basis, letting opposing midfield runners bypass him on numerous occasions. The best pass he's played this season was to Mitrovic in the 0-3 at Fulham.

He continually whined to the bench for midfield reinforcements against Middlesbrough. Ironic given that many of our problems that night stemmed from him surrendering possession cheaply and not tracking the opposition.

He has absolutely no right to complain about being asked to do the job for which he is richly rewarded in the manner in which his manager requires. A disastrous waste of resources which highlighted last season's poor initial planning and later desperation.

As for Wilder I thought it was pretty common knowledge he'd been lined up by Dowling only for Lai to put his size two in and block the move following a little word from Sheffield United's owner. Too outspoken for the post was the reported official line. The unofficial line related to Lai's business interests in the Middle East.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)